Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Agree totally! Something tells me you don’t have a problem at all, but yes always test your voltage at the battery.

2. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker4lyfe View Post
    ....My volts are already down to low 12s and high 11s being shown on my graphs.
    You definitely do have a problem either with the battery, the wiring or your voltage measuring device.

If it is not the battery losing charge, then the Sonar/GPS supply voltage of only high 11s to 12s is TOO LOW.

The 'Battery's " voltage after being reduced by the boat's wiring losses and being measured at the Sonar GPS as 'Supply voltage" even with all the circuits drawing power should be only AT MOST a few tenths of a volt (0.5V) lower than the actual battery voltage.

If so, best to isolate and correct/repair the wiring problem,,,,,, though many boaters just wire around it powering their current hungry sonar/gps units directly from the battery.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 04-18-2018 at 06:28 PM.

3. Member
    I think the idea of checking the battery voltage on the water is a good one. I was concerned that his volts were 12.6, although you say that is full charge, he measured it after charging when I would be inclined to think the "ghost" voltage would have been much higher.

4. Member
    So charged my battery yesterday evening and let it sit all night after charging. Volts this morning are 100% at 12.73. And 12.6 after I flip breaker on. I'll check volts on the water later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12