Need Help With New Jack Plate

Boat: 1997 Stratos 285 PE
    Motor: 2018 175 Pro XS

Here's the story...Mercury just replaced my motor under warranty because my old one blew through 6 tracker diaphragm valves and they could never make it right. Mercury was great and I can't thank them enough. When having the new motor installed, I added a 6" Bob's Action Jack. Previously, I had a 6" Hydrodynamics Rapid Jack. For my prop, I'm running a 24 Powertech Tro4 which was running great. 64 mphs, great out of the whole by myself and ok with partner and livewells full. I could turn it to about 5760 trimmed out in clean water. Really, not that many complaints with the prop. About 4 months ago, I added a power pole and really didn't see a loss in hole shot and maybe 2 mph at top end.

I thought for sure by adding a hydraulic plate I would get a better hole shot but my results when running the boat with the new motor were the exact opposite. I understand it's a new motor and right now only has 4 hours on it. However, I can barely get on plane. The Bob's plate is probably about 40 lbs heavier than the previous manual jack plate. Additionally, the way the power pole bracket sits on the predrilled holes makes it sit as low as possible. I can't move it up because of the transom configuration. I have added a picture below. So here are my questions:

1. Do you think the 40 lbs of extra jack plate weight are causing the issue even though I can trim my motor down lower when taking off?

2. Is the power pole bracket sitting so low the problem because of the increased drag? Should I drill new holes in the plate so I can raise the power pole bracket? The mechanic who put the motor on told me when I picked up he was concerned about it sitting so low.

3. Do I need a new prop?

4. Yes to all?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice. It is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    1st suggestion. Can you relocate the bracket mounting holes to the rear of the jack plate? Then you could raise the slotted bracket, (clearing the rub rail) resulting in less drag durring hole shot.

2nd option might be a hole shot plate?

3. Member
    It has a hole shot plate. I forgot to mention that. I could definitely drill new holes to allow the brackets to come all the way up.