Thread: Gel putty

Gel putty

Is Ranger still making this stuff? Is it as good as it used to be? I bought a small jar about 8 years ago and was able to do some cosmetic repairs that saved me hundreds. Need to do some minor stuff now and it would be good to know it's still around and still the same stuff.

2. Member
    Not hijacking your thread but I would like some also.

3. Member
    The gel from Ranger is the same that the make the boats with, top quality. I touched up a couple of small nicks last week on my Z521 with excellent results. As to it being available as a putty just call RANGER parts.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger62 View Post
    Not hijacking your thread but I would like some also.
    I'm interested as well - please let us know what you find out from Ranger. Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ ______
    2013 Ranger Z520C
    2020 Mercury 250 4- Stoke
    2X Garmin 106sv
    Garmin Panoptics Livescope
    Garmin Force Trolling Motor

5. Banned
    I bought an Evercoat Repair Kit. Been using the Gel to fix some gouges in the color metal flake. The gouges are not deep enough to get into the color. It dries clear and sands out really well. I used some White today and it matched really well.

6. Member
    Yes they still have it. The putty is for solid color gel and the clear gel is for metal flake areas where you will have to layer a coat of flake then add multiple layers of clear to level it. Call parts department and have your HIN number ready. They will get you the exact color you need.