New issue and question.

So during my last outing had a hard time getting on plane once I got there could not exceed 45mph no matter the trim or height of jackplate. Then there was a burst of power, then it slowed down after 5 -10 seconds then a few minutes down the water another burst of speed for 30-45 seconds then it slowed down again. A minute or so later the burst of power returned and the motor ran fine the rest of the day.

Any ideas? I'm thinking fuel filter or spark plug issue but I am trying to avoid throwing parts at it.

Any help is much appreciated
    SEAGUAR

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Bad Gas??

3. Member
    Well I have thought about that and that could be the case. There have just been so many issues so far thus year I doubt it will be that simple and I don't think bad gas would go away part way thru the day.

First is the water pressure issue, resolved still need new gauge so I have accurate reading, spun hub, now this and I have only been on the water 7 days so far with this bi polar weather we are having.
    SEAGUAR

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I would change the plugs, cheap really, add Lucas fuel injector cleaner and see what it does next time out!

If it keeps up see if it’s in a common action, I mean I had a Phoenix that every time I turn left it would cut off. It was pinchijnythe fuel line.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Went back and read your post again, check/replace ghe plugs.

Had one foul on a 150 and didn’t know it until I took off and it wouldn’t get on plane at all, it was just a plug.

6. Member

USA

I had the same thing happen on my 200hp and it was the plugs also. Not fouled just not changed by the book.

7. Member
    Great info thank you all I am going to check the plugs before spending the $$$$$ on filters and all that does anyone run the iridium (or how ever you spell it) and have you noticed any differance.
    SEAGUAR

8. Member

USA

Just bought what was in there -- Fuji I think--- Iridium plugs. Got them at O' Reily's Auto Parts I think.

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Go with what the manual recommends, manual is on line if you don’t have yours.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Go with what the manual recommends, manual is on line if you don’t have yours.
    It has the option of either in the manual. Just curious the difference and if they improve anything. There would have to be something worth while for double the price.
    SEAGUAR

11. Member
    Plus is a good place to start. Granted, not a Handa but my father had the same symptoms with his Suzuki. I changed the plugs and the problem went away.

Good luck!