Thread: Z19 guys

Z19 guys

Hello, I'm considering a little larger boat with more HP. Currently I have a ranger z185, and I really like it, I just want a little bigger and a little more power. The z19 appeals to me and it's price point is better than a ranger 519. Are you z19 owners happy with your boats, and there preformance?

Crickets
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

3. Member
    I couldn't decide between the 519 and my z19 I have no regrets the more I use it the better I like it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another nitro I was always a skeeter guy. I like my nitro much better
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I haven't gotten to run mine yet, but what I can tell you is that the storage is great moving up from a 17.5 ft boat. Additionally, the features seem really nice. I also was in your shoes and did a lot research and really could never find anyone speaking too awfully negative.
    2017 Nitro

5. Member
    I traded my 13 Ranger Z118 a couple of months ago. I wanted a bigger boat and did some shopping, to include a Z519. I hadn't even considered Nitro until I really looked closely at one at BPS. I just could not justify the price differences based on what I was getting with the Z19 compared to the others in the same class. So far, I have been pleased with everything about it. Plenty of storage, fast, on plane without the nose hardly rising, no backwash, big, roomy deck, very comfortable seats, good with waves and chop, etc. I have owned a couple of Rangers, a Skeeter, 2 Tritons and 2 Stratos thru the years and this one is just as good. I got mine at Pro's Choice Marine in Warsaw, Mo. They were very fair with my trade. I could have done a little better selling it but wasn't worth the hassle to me.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coloblt View Post
    Hello, I'm considering a little larger boat with more HP. Currently I have a ranger z185, and I really like it, I just want a little bigger and a little more power. The z19 appeals to me and it's price point is better than a ranger 519. Are you z19 owners happy with your boats, and there preformance?
    Love my z19 Pro High Perf Package, got it for 39.9 out of Florida cheap because it was a 2017 left over this year. Been on the water a bunch and very impressed. Storage and overall room blow away both the z185 and the 519. That 519 starts at 47k, Ouch. This boat also feels very agile compared to the heavy rangers. Hole shot will blow away a ranger as well if your comparing these two models. Even with as agile as it is and the amazing whole shot, it rides VERY nice in big water and the seats are surprisingly very comfortable. The merc 200 is perfect for this midsize bass boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I traded my 13 Ranger Z118 a couple of months ago. I wanted a bigger boat and did some shopping, to include a Z519. I hadn't even considered Nitro until I really looked closely at one at BPS. I just could not justify the price differences based on what I was getting with the Z19 compared to the others in the same class. So far, I have been pleased with everything about it. Plenty of storage, fast, on plane without the nose hardly rising, no backwash, big, roomy deck, very comfortable seats, good with waves and chop, etc. I have owned a couple of Rangers, a Skeeter, 2 Tritons and 2 Stratos thru the years and this one is just as good. I got mine at Pro's Choice Marine in Warsaw, Mo. They were very fair with my trade. I could have done a little better selling it but wasn't worth the hassle to me.
    Good information, thank you, I too will be going to pros choice if I decide on a z19

8. Member
    I came out of a 2001 zx225 Skeeter into my new 2018 z19. Absolutely love the boat. I currently have zero complaints. Ride is good, fishes bigger than my old boat.

I looked at a Z19 at Cabelas and right next to it was a Ranger Z185. The Nitro was selling for only around 6K more than the Z185 and the Nitro had a 200hp vs 150hp motor. So you do get a lot of boat for the money. However, when I felt the Nitro seats...felt cheap compared to the Ranger...the Nitro carpet was not woven tight like the Ranger. I could tell the Ranger was built to last...the fit and finish was superb. So you have to ask yourself, do you want high quality or a low price...with decent quality?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I looked at a Z19 at Cabelas and right next to it was a Ranger Z185. The Nitro was selling for only around 6K more than the Z185 and the Nitro had a 200hp vs 150hp motor. So you do get a lot of boat for the money. However, when I felt the Nitro seats...felt cheap compared to the Ranger...the Nitro carpet was not woven tight like the Ranger. I could tell the Ranger was built to last...the fit and finish was superb. So you have to ask yourself, do you want high quality or a low price...with decent quality?
    Having only owned my boat since February I am in no position to argue about long term quality. Having come out of a Ranger there are a few differences that are obvious, like the channel framed trailer verses the tube frame Nitro uses, maybe better carpet and some construction techniques underneath. As far as the seats, I like the Z19's much better than ones in my 2013 Ranger. I think they are much more comfortable. I went into this thinking I would get a new Ranger Z519 but they can start bumping $60K pretty quick. I just could not see spending more for a boat than I did for my wife's new GMC Acadia Denali, and neither could she. While the Nitro can be had for maybe $10 to $15K less, depending on how equipped, I would still like think that quality and longevity should be expected. Think about it, a nicely equipped Z19 may run from $40K to bumping $50. I think that is enough to give me some pretty high quality expectations. I hope it happens. So far I've seen nothing that shakes my confidence in my purchase.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

11. Member
    I also came out of a Ranger 518 svs into a Nitro Z19. I wanted to get into a Ranger 520 but just couldn't see spending that much on a boat. I bought my Z19 from my tournament partner who is sponsored by Tracker. Even this boat would have cost $56 new with everything on it. I got a boat used for 4 months with 44 hours on the motor for $44 with a lot of warranty left on it. So far I really like it. Ride is far better than my Ranger was.
    Last edited by One Holer; 04-24-2018 at 06:37 PM.