Transducer mounting board install?

on the install instructions it says to mount the bottom edge of the board 1/4” above the bottom of the hull but i remember reading on this board that one of the Garmin gurus said to mount flush with the bottom of the hull and smooth the sealant flat and let dry.

does it matter much which way its mounted as far as clean water and getting the best possible scan with garmin transducers?

2. Banned
    Really only matters to get Depth on plane.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In my mind by mounting the board up like the instructions says is to give you the room for adjustment with the transducer......which product is it?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    one like this:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tran...ductextensions

ill have 2 boards, one above the step on the transom just for side imaging(GT52) at idle speeds and one i will cut for the bottom of part of the transom for on plane 2d and depth(whichever xducer that comes with a 73cv) to replace the lowrance skimmer that came with the boat.

i have a 2014 tracker pt175 aluminum with the stepped transom hull.

i may be overthinking this and may need to just mount it per instructions. the transducer should be mounted below the level of the bottom of the board anyway and below any turbulence created by the board, shouldnt it?

5. Member
    My 93sv came with a paper template for the transducer mounting location and they want the bottom right corner even with bottom of hull. So i mounted my transducer board 1/8 from bottom of hull and ran a bead of 5200 to make smooth transition.