Purchasing new Goodyear Endurance tires

Hi guys, I'm getting all new Goodyear Endurance tires and I've seen where it's been recommended to get high pressure valve stems and to get tires weighted and balanced. Anything else suggested? I just want to make sure when I leave I have everything I need. Thank you in advance.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

2. Member
    The tire shop should know to put the correct valve stems in and balance the tire. That should be all you need done.

3. mikesxpress
    Most tire shops don't balance trailer tires unless you tell them too. You also need to clean your rims inside in advance as you will want the stick on weights vs the hammer on one that screw up the rim. The shop will make a lame attempt to wipe the area for the weights but if you really want them to stay it needs to be really clean.

The impact gun is NOT a torque wrench!!! Most shops do not torque the lugs so you need to do it. My tandem axle Ranger is 100 ft lbs dry and 90 with anti-seize.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awmcdonald View Post
    The tire shop should know to put the correct valve stems in and balance the tire. That should be all you need done.
    Should is the operative word. Sadly, most shops of any kind are mostly concerned with making the most money possible on a single job and they will do the least possible work to do so. Balancing and non-cheap valve stems slow things down.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I got mine balanced and run them at 64psi. I am very glad I upgraded to them. They do not bounce like my old tires did on bumps and appear to be wearing well

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I'll be standing right there and make sure they use the correct valve stems. The guy at Discount tire said they would also balance them. I never thought about the stick on weights, but I'll ask. I also never thought about cleaning the inside of the rim. I will torque the bolts down myself. Good info!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

I noticed just the other day that my stick on weights have fallen off, so I'll be sure and clean it next time. On the other hand, I haven't noticed any ill effects of them being gone.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.