Shallow water fishing in my 620vs

Hi everyone! I just recently traded in my 2002 Nitro 188 Sport (fish n ski) for a 2008 Ranger 620 vs. I have yet to receive the boat because I am in NY and there hasn't been much of a spring yet . Although I am extremely excited to get this boat and have done allot of research on it there is one thing I cannot get a firm answer on. How shallow can I fish this thing? I like to trailer my boat to various lakes in the area and primarily fish for small/large mouth bass. Sometimes I am fishing in 3 feet of water and other times 25 ft. My Nitro could get into 2-3 feet of water with ease. What can I expect with the Ranger?

2. Member
    I have a 619vs, which is basically the same boat, just a tad shorter. I can get in 12" of water with the motor trimmed up, so you should not have a problem. I also fish for Bass on occasions.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response! That makes me feel better

4. Member
    I have a 620vs and fish the lakes here in sw Missouri. Table Rock is my "home" lake and I have never had an issue with shallow water. Enjoy!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    I have a 620vs and fish the lakes here in sw Missouri. Table Rock is my "home" lake and I have never had an issue with shallow water. Enjoy!
    How are you enjoying your 620? I am really excited to get mine out on the water. Mine has the Evinrude 225 h.o etech. I see alot of guys have the 250 instead. Prior owner tells me it'll do 55 mph. Considering my Nitro topped out at 40 mph this will be fun lol

I went from 4 Stratos bass boats to a Ranger 620VS. I love it and fish the same water as I did in the bass boats. I also fish Lake Erie for walleye for a week every year and it handles the water very well with four guys. Depending on the load, I think I can get 52-55 GPS MPH out of it. The Boss (wife) also likes it because it has high sides and stays dry![IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Bugs; 04-21-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

7. Member
    That's a nice boat! Great shape for a 2003! I will be on Lake Erie for sure this year!