FX20 trailer fenders

I recently had a blowout on my fx trailer, and don’t wanna shell out the $1600 for a replacement, just to have another blowout ruin one. Has anybody ever converted an fx trailer from fiberglass to steel fenders, and if so how much fabrication is required ?

2. Member
    $1600 sounds high. Are you sure that's not for two???
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

3. Member
    Sadly it’s only for one fender. The zx steel fenders are roughly 300 including the front and back steps.

4. Member
    I was quoted $1.600 for one for FX21 including freight at a Skeeter Dealer. I found one somewhere else for considerable less money. The replaced fender was banged against a stop sign due to my being in a rush.

Tore out a piece, which I still have, near the front on bottom of fender. Where the marker light is. Should have just kept using it but I hadn't had the boat long and got it replaced.

Fender minus the damaged part is good shape. It's a dark blue/blk with specs. Not sure proper color name. The estimate to repair was 3-400.

East Tn is long way from Arkansas but if you're interested I can send pics. We can work out a price. text or call 606 four34 914six if interested. You'd have a lot less than the cost of new in it.

5. Member
    Looking to purchase a port side fiberglass fender for my 2018 skeeter FX tandem trailer

6. Member
    Just replaced both fenders on my 2018 FX20. It ran me $1,600. I sanded them down and sprayed them with rhino lining. Came out great and made them stronger.

2018 Skeeter FX20 LE
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    I’ve never cared for the metal fenders on my trailer. Suddenly tho I like them a LOT. Wow they really get you guys on those

8. Member
    Following. I was also quoted roughly 1600 per fender, through a dealer. Had some damage from a side swipe in parking lot.

My shop is constantly getting calls about glass fender damage from all brands from blowouts to bump ups in parking lots….stainless or steel fenders are way easier to care for over the long term.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. bullyfish
    When l order My FX21 I order it with stainless steel fenders. Didn’t want no plastic shit Best move I ever made plus it was cheaper