Lucas M

Power Poles or Talons

I have a Nitro 188 sport. Am a big bass guy, but also have the family to think about. I am looking to put either talons or poles on my boat, also adding a jackplate to use the brackets rather than drilling them into the boat. Has anyone put talons or poles on their fish n ski rig??

I figure it will block the ladder, but plan on getting a over the gunnel ladder for the kids to use. Wondering if anyone has any pictures or experience with this. I am also wondering how it works with pulling a skier or tube.

Any info or pictures would help!

Thanks

Hi. I have a 288, and I added a single Talon on a Z-Lock jack plate a couple years ago.
    I went with the single 12' so as to not block the ladder, but I actually think I could fit one on the ladder side.
    I went with the Talon bc its electric and easily removable if im gonna be pulling the kids on tubes.
    I went with the Z-Lock bc its one of the jackplates that are easy to mount to without extra plates, plugs, etc.
    I didn't lose speed despite the extra weight bc of the jackplate.

Ill send you some pics later, PM me.

3. Member
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

4. Member
    Talon on my SL190. Tube with it on!

5. Member
    my nitro was flat enough on the transom t mount it withou bracket . i was able to mount it really close to motor so rear fishability an visibility not impared. i tow tube off the eye on port side so talon doesnt interfere as it is mounted starboard. no speed losss. i even wired a disconect usings a 3 wire trailer plug so i can revove it in a minute.Screenshot_20180424-214831_Photos.jpg
    Last edited by 12many; 04-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff