Thread: SD Cards

SD Cards

I have seen posts on these generally answered by people from other states so I wanted to ask about NY users.....Nav cards or Lakemaster which do you feel give the best views for NY waters most of my fishing is finger lakes, Ontario, Niagara river, Erie and all the bays on them

2. Member
    I prefer the navionics. So far the only lake I fish that doesnt have decent accuracy contours is 7th lake in inlet. All your main lakes will be on it. Take a look at the navionics web app online that’s free and it’ll give you a general idea what’s included. Just make sure you change the sonar type from navionics to Sonar chart
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I use Navionics. When I was looking at lake master quite a few lakes I fish weren’t listed on there coverage map. Was a few years ago so that might of changed.

4. Member
    In terms of both coverage and detail, Navionics is probably the best option out there. You can get the Navionics+ card which handles both the US and Canada......and if you ever go to any other region in the country, it is good for anywhere else also!

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    thanks all, in looking at the attached pictures I really wish I could blow them up for a better look but these look very detailed. My current Nav cards are a few years old and don't look this detailed. I have been planning on getting new cards that's why I asked the question I guess the new nav cards are the way to go

6. Member
    I use Navionics.. .in my HDS.. gen 3..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Navionics by far. Hummingbirds lakemaster doesn't have Cayuga for some stupid reason. One of the best lakes in the state and it doesn't register.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    thanks all, in looking at the attached pictures I really wish I could blow them up for a better look but these look very detailed. My current Nav cards are a few years old and don't look this detailed. I have been planning on getting new cards that's why I asked the question I guess the new nav cards are the way to go
    You can actually go check out all the maps that Navionics offers on their Webapp. You can zoom in all you like!

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...key=ykreGlkydM