Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    He has a valid reason to be ticked off. I'd be very upset if just after purchasing a new TM they want me to take it to a ASC for repair. MK knows they have issues with the Ultrex and it's not unreasonable to expect a new unit should work . Not everyone has an ASC convenient to them either, my nearest is an hour drive one way.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    He has a valid reason to be ticked off. I'd be very upset if just after purchasing a new TM they want me to take it to a ASC for repair. MK knows they have issues with the Ultrex and it's not unreasonable to expect a new unit should work . Not everyone has an ASC convenient to them either, my nearest is an hour drive one way.
    I can understand the reaction. We all want everything to work correctly right out of the box or when you drive it off the lot. It doesn't work that way. If it is a product that has to be assembled, grown, cultivated, produced there is going to be some that don't work properly. How dare a company suggest you take it somewhere that warranty can fix it. Yes, there are only around 400 of us ASC's, not to mention the servicing dealers that MinnKota has recently approved to do warranty work. MinnKota has addressed and corrected the known issues with the Ultrex. The issue the OP discussed is common to all the footcontrolled, cable steered, variable speed MinnKota trolling motors. This issue is caused by things that are not defective parts, but need simple adjustments. These adjustments could be due to the jostling of shipping.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Mark me down as one who hasn't had a minutes trouble out of the Ultrex. And if you saw my prop and Transducer Shield & Saver, you'd see that it isn't babied.

The old saying, "Good news travels but bad news travels faster" certainly applies here. It would be interesting for every member, lurker, and troll who has an Ultrex that hasn't had any trouble to speak up all on one thread. Then compare all the quietly happy Ultrex owners to the one or two every now and then that are, understandably, very vocal about their un-happiness.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I hadn't had any issues until yesterday. Everytime I hit spotlock it would engage for a few seconds and then turn off. Tried pairing it again but didn't help. Any troubleshooting for that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12