Thumbs Up Fury 4 on My 519

Man o Man what a prop! Roger was right, leave all the vent holes open. I have a 06 519 with a 200 HPDI. With a 4 batteries and two talons the boat was a dog out of the hole with a 25 pitch Tempest. Finally got the 24 pitch Fury 4 and gave it a try this weekend. We fished a small lake so could not open it up but man the hole shot was incredible! The nose hardly rises at all. It is like the boat just lifts on to the pad. Just what my boat needed. Will be excited to see what it does at top end. I could only get about 66 MPH out of the Tempest. If you carry a heavy load this prop is great.

2. Banned
    They are awesome on your boat for sure.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    love my fury 4 super prop, just sent mine off to Mark for B and B and a little tip cup.

4. Member
    I also have a 519 and had a 200 HODI and it was horrible out of the hole. Was running a Yamaha M-25 prop. The HPDI gave up after about 13 years and 1000 hours. Repowersd with a 200 SHO. And it if a new boat. The SHO is awesome out of the hole with the M-25 prop but have been wanting to try a Fury prop.

5. Member
    Hmmm, makes me want to try one. I have a Trophy 25P on mine since new and it struggles out of the hole. I had to mess with the vents after installing dual PP's and it's manageable now. I've been wanting a 25P Tempest, but maybe I need to look at the Fury 4. I do think my biggest problem is the 2.5L Merc not having the torque that the bigger blocks have.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    From what I’ve seen, especially on the lower-torque motors carrying fairly heavy loads, no 3-blade will perform on the low end with the 4-blades. A 4-blade with a very decent top end, like the Fury 4, is extremely good all around.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio