Banned

Ranger trailer question

Buying a early 90's Ranger from my FIL. He lives a mile from the boat ramp he uses so that's about as far as it has been pulled in years. He carries gas to the boat so he doesn't have to pull it to town. Anything I need to do before I pull this thing 3 hours to it's new home? The tires look good and he keeps the bearings greased. I've pulled it to the ramp a few times and never noticed any issues just kinda nervous about pulling it so far.

2. Member
    Check the tires for dry rot. Check they are inflated to 55psi. Jack up a tire on each side and grab at 9 and 3 O'clock it and check for side to side movement, if any it should be almost indiscernible. Spin the wheel and put your ear to the frame if you hear any "grumbling" that bearing has failed.
    If the tires are over 5 years old, they should be changed anyhow.
    If it has brakes, hook it to your truck and don't hook up the wiring, back up, it should lock the brakes. If it doesn't, you can fix that later unless it's slippery roads or your truck has lousy brakes. Put some bearing lube on your trailer ball. Check all the lights.