Unhappy fuel line pinch on my new Yamaha SHO

I recently upgraded to a 225 Yamaha SHO on my 2005 ZX225. When I trim the motor all the way it pinched the fuel line where in attached to the brass fitting at the motor. It's been repaired, but now I have to raised the jack plate before trimming to insert my transom saver, then remember to lower the jack plate back down. If I hadn't added the jack plate I would have been forced to change transom savers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into a similar issue. Seems odd to me that I can't trim a new motor all the way up.

2. tool bag
    Ive seen this before but on a ranger. buddy has one of those billet stoppers instead of a real transom saver. Makes him tilt the motor way up high. we deterimed the best thing to do was jack the motor up to get the kink out and not put the bind so high on the line. I can't think of the name of the stopper but I bet thats what you have. I don't use one like that on my sho. Im still old school, to the trailer and lower unit. so my motor sits lower. which I like for a lot of reasons. I could go into them if youd like but not worth if your not.....
    Live life, its the only one you get!
    You don't scare me.

3. Member
    happy2bfishin
    Yep, I have the one piece billet block of aluminum. Lookin at changing. Thanks for the reply.

I've used the Lock-N-Haul for years and it works great!

http://lock-n-haul.com/_index.php