Marine Battery Switch Installation- Phoenix

Hey, all- Fishing season will be here shortly and time to do some work on the 920XP!

I purchased a Marine 701 switch from Hydrilla Gear and have a couple of install questions:

1) Where did you mount this in your boat? If you mounted directly to the metal plate what sized (length) screws did you use? Want to make sure that I don't drill into something I might need

2) How did you run the wires to/from this switch?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Good fishing!!!

KJ

2. Member
    What is the switch for? The 920 should already have a battery switch on a panel with some breakers in the back.

3. Member
    Sorry. I should have clarified. It's to kill the power to the power poles. The only power switch currently on the boat is to the trolling motor juice.

Here is how you should wire your poles You should run a power from your dash power switch to 2 relays that kill or power your poles like this.Than If you want to get fancy you can add a panel that is relay controlled to turn all your stuff on and off with one wire from the switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I added a switch for my PP like you are wanting to do. Screwed it to the back metal wall. Screw length and wire length will be up to you as to where you put it at. Easy install.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickfisher69 View Post
    Here is how you should wire your poles You should run a power from your dash power switch to 2 relays that kill or power your poles like this.Than If you want to get fancy you can add a panel that is relay controlled to turn all your stuff on and off with one wire from the switch.
    Thats some very nice work on that fuse block
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Banned
    Nice work!

8. Member
    That is some excellent work! Well beyond my skill set, for sure!

Thanks for the complements on my wiring. I like everything single switch controlled and everything to a panel as it should be not 10 wires going to a battery with single fuse holders . I also used shielded twisted pair wire to the electronics for noise . It is easy just draw a schematic and order parts . I have around $800 in just wire, Terminals and parts but i have no problems with voltage drops and you just hit the power switch on the dash and the boat is off . Just added the main disconnect in the back because it did not have one . don't use it unless working on the system the dash switch dose it all.

10. Scraps
    I have that same switch to install. I thought switch just goes in line with the feeds to the PPs? No additional wiring necessary.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD