Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jgoucher

Please see an old post of mine below for you to try.

Guys

Some of this may be coming from "Surface Clutter" setting. I was playing around with this the other day and if you set "surface clutter" lower than 5 it starts to jumble up the depth reading. On a setting of "1", forget it, .....the depth reading will jump to double or triple which (if your on auto max depth) will flicker the sccreen back and forth for max depth. This only happened when I was in 13 ft or less though. On a setting of 5 it started jumping when I got in 3 ft of water. So, it appears that if your running shallow water you'll need to have "surface clutter" set higher than 5 to keep this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    jgoucher

Guys

Some of this may be coming from "Surface Clutter" setting. I was playing around with this the other day and if you set "surface clutter" lower than 5 it starts to jumble up the depth reading. On a setting of "1", forget it, .....the depth reading will jump to double or triple which (if your on auto max depth) will flicker the sccreen back and forth for max depth. This only happened when I was in 13 ft or less though. On a setting of 5 it started jumping when I got in 3 ft of water. So, it appears that if your running shallow water you'll need to have "surface clutter" set higher than 5 to keep this from happening.
    Good intel...I'll give that a try.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Max Depth (under the Sonar tab) set between actual depth and the double depth reading worked immediately for the erratic depth readings in shallow water with the HELIX MEGA SI 12 that I used yesterday ...(with no other settings changes) ...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 04-21-2018 at 10:30 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    jgoucher

Guys

Thank you I will try this out, I have about 2 weeks left to decide on returning the unit, If I was to upgrade the $600 for the SOLIX 10, Does it utilize the same exact transducer and does it offer TRACKBACK? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgoucher12 View Post
    Thank you I will try this out, I have about 2 weeks left to decide on returning the unit, If I was to upgrade the $600 for the SOLIX 10, Does it utilize the same exact transducer and does it offer TRACKBACK? Thanks
    The transducer is the same size and shape, uses the same mount, but the connections are very different.
    The Helix uses a 7 pin plug on the transducer cable and is held in place with a cable collector.
    The SOLIX uses a 14 pin plug on the transducer cable and is connected individually via threaded lock nut.
    Yes the SOLIX has Track-back.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Track back is cool for some I guess, but trolling or drifting, our plotters often look like a semi tractor pulling a fudge tanker turned on it's side when we pin down a good school of walleye.

I wouldn't use it - and the screen when I get on a good groove looks like where I've been & where I'm headed at the same time.

Getting a might crowded down there in Charlottesville, Eh Mr. Purdum?

I see you finally crammed in a few more units underneath - kinda surprised you didn't get a server error doing it.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoucher12 View Post
    Wayne, What is the advantage of the SOLIX in your opinion over the HELIX? Other than touch screen as I really don't feel that's a need for me although if there becomes more than THREE "favorite presets" by going to SOLIX then I am interested. Thanks

Question Two: If I got a SOLIX, can I still link the HELIX 9 at BOW to the SOLIX 10 at console using my already installed Ethernet + adapter?
    Last edited by jgoucher12; 04-22-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12