Thread: Gas clot?

Gas clot?

2010 250 Ho
    Son was fishing a tournament and said motor worked great all day until time to head in. They got up on pad for about 30 seconds then it just slowed down just like you would do when stopping and then it died and would not restart with no alarms. Before the tournament I topped off both tanks (both were at a half) and put stabill in the tanks. So I turned power on and it goes through self check just fine with no lights or alarms. You can hear something working for a few seconds then it stops. Motor turns over but never offers to fire up. Pulled the fuel filter and it was full and had pressure on the system due to gas spitting a stream when I backed the filter off. I did see some very small gell like stuff around the filter edge on the inside. With the filter off I hit the primmer bulb and that side is clear. Is there a way for a DIY to check from the filter back? I do not have the tool to remove those special hose clamps. Any other thoughts on what and how to check?

You should have a dealer plug it in to the computer to see what is shows. You mentioned gel like stuff around the filter edge. Was it a milky like color?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    It was more clear than milky. I will be waiting for the dealer to open first thing Tuesday morning. Just wondering if there was anyting I could check myself.