Humminbird 360 product update?

I'm looking at buying a Humminbird 360. One of my biggest worries is I buy it and a few months later they release an improved version. Are there any known or rumors of a upgraded 360 in the near future?

Thanks.

2. Member
    Rumors? Yes.

From what I've been told there are issues trying to figure out how to get Mega transducer capability into a puck that will work. My $0.02 is that you are fine for this year, I could maybe see something happen at iCast next summer. Just depends on how bad you want it

The "rumors" don't make any sense. To get the complete coverage for the 360, you need the widest sonar pulse. That is 455 kHz.
    800 kHz and 1200 kHz have a smaller coverage.
    The only "improvement" that does make sense is a larger pod to have Imaging crystals that equal a HDSI or MEGA SI length transducer. BUT that is more mass to rotate in a liquid and support.
    A 360 is Side Imaging that rotates.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne, seems you may be the guy to ask. Do I need my front unit to be si or does the 360 ducer work on the di also. Looking at some maga units and not sure what I'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by ctbassnut View Post
    Wayne, seems you may be the guy to ask. Do I need my front unit to be si or does the 360 ducer work on the di also. Looking at some maga units and not sure what I'll need.
    A Sonar model, a DI model, or a SI model will support the 360.

With all those models you can use the 360 for SI also. The 360 uses 455 kHz.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Ty Wayne

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    I'm looking at buying a Humminbird 360. One of my biggest worries is I buy it and a few months later they release an improved version. Are there any known or rumors of a upgraded 360 in the near future?

Thanks.
    I asked the same thing last year and got the same response. If it were my two pennies just go out and buy one.
    the only improvement that I could think of would be 50 ft range with mega if hb can get past the image dome mass thing.
    would be useless past 100 ft. The images I get on mine at 50-55 ft range are good. They are a little fuzzy but the 360 is rotating so.... Bait balls ,stumps, and rocks look the same for the most part. One thing I can say and Evey one here who has one will agree that you will find ALL kinds of lay downs and other fishy stuff you never saw before even scanning the same place 100 times before. You will also see how it all lays out.

8. Member
    Its not even close.

9. Member
    I asked it 2 years ago. Feared the minute I got mine the new one would come out. Glad I didn’t wait.

10. Member
    I was one of the worst about sitting on the fence thinking a updated version was right around the corner. I finally got the 360 and quit missing out. Saturday was my second time to get to use it. I came up on a small active school of bass while on my map/di screen. I hit spot lock, switched to 360 and watched how the would move out beside, behind, and in front of the boat. Me and my buddy were casting right to them and doubling up on 5 casts in a row. Caught more fish in that one spot, in 10 minutes, than we did all the rest of the day. Man that was fun. The bigger fish in the school really stood out on the screen too.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

11. Member
    Good to hear I’m going to order one with my gift card I received with new boat
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Good to hear I’m going to order one with my gift card I received with new boat
    Money well not spent. You won’t be disappointed

13. Member
    Lol I just looked at bps online and they don’t carry the 360 wtf is that
    Last edited by jasonG; 04-18-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    Nitro z21

Lol I just looked bps they carry the 360 wtf is that
    Seriously?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

15. Member
    Edited my horrible post but yes they don’t offer it. Cabelas does though and I think I can use my bps gift card there. Gotta look into it
    Nitro z21

16. Member
    I never understood that. They must be in bed with lowrance

I think BPS is in the process of buying Cabelas ... don't think that is a good thing.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    I ordered my 360 today from cabelas after transferring my gift card. Problem now is it’s backordered hope not long
    Nitro z21

19. Member
    I ordered my 360 today from cabelas after transferring my gift card. Problem now is it’s backordered hope not long
    Hope you don't have to wait as long as I did. Ordered on 3/6 and deliveried last Friday 4/13. Ordered my My Helix at the same time and it was deliveried immediately. The delay at least allowed me to become familiar with HB as this is my first one.