Thread: loz

loz

Heading down Tuesday from Chicago for our annual trip fun fishing doing a family tournament for the week. We are not fishing the big bass bash but unfortunately will be fishing on Saturday and I am sure the lake will be a zoo. Can anybody share the latest water temps say in the glaize, gravois or mile marker 1-10? I am just trying to prepare for what these fish might be doing. With this weather I have no idea what to expect, I am assuming main lake points and first cuts but really have no clue. Not looking for spots but if anyone is willing to share anything it would be mucho appreciated.

2. Member
    Wondering also what the water clarity is and are there lot's of floaters in the glaize and gravois?

3. Member
    Ameron has a phone number to call for lake information. I think as of last Friday the surface water temp was 48, and lake level around 656 (or an inch or two over). My brother was around the 30 mm Saturday and he did not mention any floaters. I would assume the water is fairly clear but I really do not know around the dam.

4. Member
    I wish I could help you, I haven't been down there for a couple weekends since the weather has not cooperated. I haven't looked at this coming weekend, but hopefully it won't snow. Good luck and I'm sure there will be a ton of boats out fishing the tournament.

5. Member
    We go every year at this time and I don't know if I can ever remember the water temps in the 40s this late. Weather looking not so great this week.

6. Member
    Friday we saw 53-58 but by today, 46-48. This front shut them down for us. Went from about 17-18 pounds on Friday at practice to 4 for 11.98 on Saturday to 4 shorts in 3 hours of fishing today. Couldn’t buy a bite on anything but jerkbaits and jigs. Fished between the toll bridge and the dam.

7. Member
    That’s what I was afraid of. I’m hoping by wed the weather is stable enough to at least get bit. Not gonna break 60 all week it is like we’re a month behind. These fish have got to be wanting to get to the banks soon but I don’t think water temps will get there in April.