Screen protectors? For 73 sv plus

I'm interested in finding out who's using them, and if so, who's would you recommend? Would you recommend them?
    I'm running two 73 SV plus units. I've looked, can only find them for 9x plus series.
    Did you get generic, and cut to fit?

Thanks

2. Member
    I found these on the internet.
    NewEgg.com / Lexerd - Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 73sv TrueVue Crystal Clear Fish Finder Radar Screen Protector.
    Boxwave.com / echoMAP 73sv Screen Protectors.
    Ron.

3. Member
    I have one of those supposedly "on the way". Fine print say 5-6 week delivery. They also have contacted me asking for a detailed pic of the fit to see if they need to make any changes and will then remake the product.

4. Member
    Rdub - I saw those too, I'm wondering how close the screen size is to the plus.

Spec - when you get it, can you post and advise of the fit?

5. Member
    I tried a couple different ones similar to what you would use on an ipad and cut to shape (my wife actually did since she is much better at those things than me). After a couple days I tore them all off. Just couldn't see the screens as well with them. not as bright and a weird dull glare sometimes.

6. Member
    I got mine and it fit pretty good. Some small bubbles I wasn't thrilled with, but is responsive and seems like it will do the job.

7. Member
    how about using a sun visor, instead? thinking to diy a foam one.

8. Member
    That sounds good send a picture if it works

9. Member
    I bought a generic Red Shield cut to fit screen protector from Amazon for $6.00 and it works well on the 93sv. There are a few minor bubbles, but that is my fault I didn't use a prep solution, I simply stuck it on, smoothed it out and used a razor blade to trim around the edges. I haven't noticed a glare and the screen is very sensitive to the touch still.