Thread: Idle sneeze.

Idle sneeze.

I had injectors tested and reset this spring and everything had been great since. Smooth idle, more wot speed, just an all around better acting motor. This weekend, I started getting a little bit of an idle sneeze after a run. Will do it at low idle. If I give it some throttle it seems to act a little better. Then it would just clear up and go back to idling smooth again at any idle speed. When it was idling rough, it also seemed to kind of hesitate to take throttle for just a second. Wot speed also seemed a little low, but hard to tell with a full load and soaking wet carpet. Can’t figure out why the idle issue seemed like it would come and go like it did. Almost like a sensor reading wrong after a run, then clearing up.

2. Banned
    Possible problem with reeds or air leak somewhere. Try tighten up all the air intake plenum bolts.

3. Member
    Quite a few of the plenum bolts were quite loose. Will see if it changes anything.

4. Member
    When I pulled the intake cover off, I also noticed the bottom two intakes to be very wet with fuel. The motor had been tilted up for three days. Is that normal?

5. Banned
    Yes, little oil/fuel will always make its way down when tilted up.

6. Member
    Decided to go ahead and change plugs while I had the cowling off and when I pulled them, it looks like I never gapped this set when I put them in. They were all between .025-.030. Won’t change the sneeze, but might clean it up a little.

7. Banned
    It will definitely clean up. Not sure about the sneeze. I checked your flow sheet and injectors are on a rich side of spec especialy at idle. Definitely it shouldn't sneeze. Check the fuel pressure!