Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My buddy installed some blue water led’s. He absolutely loves them.

imgurl

2. Member
    That looks nice.

If TackleWarehouse hadn't just dented my wallet last night for $300 I might pull the trigger right now. LOL

3. Member
    I have two waterproof led light strips in my boat that cost me $15 from Amazon. I've had them 2 years now and still working just fine. You can now get them where they can be any color you want and you can dim them.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

4. Member
    Try raknavigationlighting.com they are in Louisiana. A friend has a bow light and said it’s great. The spot/flood light uses a remote key fob to turn it on and off.
    2021 Triton 19TRX, 225 Pro XS 4s, Atlas 10” black jack plate, Mercury Furry4 24, Garmin 126 sv bow and console, Livescope, Garmin Force trolling motor and Relion batteries.

5. Member
    Unsure of the lip design on your Alumacraft, but my Competitor 205 has “courtesy light” ropes mounted under the lip just as you are suggesting. They don’t light up the deck like some of the previous posts, but really help moving around the boat in the dark.

Alumacraft has been very good with information when I’ve asked so far, so you might want to shoot them an email to ask if the current led rope lights would fit your model and year. You never know... they might have a kit you can buy as a part. They are standard on all Competitor models in 2018 as far as I know.

good luck, and as fit the colour, they use a white led rope... looks clean and crisp. I like the other colours too, but the standard white suits the boat well by not looking like an aftermarket add on.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Bats get tangled in my lines all the time. The bugs are attracted to my LED navigation lights, and not the amber deck lights.
    Because of the small diameter of fishing line, the bats sonar detects it as an insect, and smacks it.

I have a dimmer but never have to dim it down. Having light at night is a good thing

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    This is the first I've heard of the fortrex light...very cool concept. Thanks for sharing.

Well that is a cool idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12