Coordinate Format?

I’m lost trying to enter waypoints as coordinates in my Striker 4 Plus. I want to use Google Maps to set some basic waypoints for a Canadian lake I fish a couple of times each year. My problem is with the format of the coordinates. Google Maps give me two different formats for a location I would like to mark:

50.343700, -93.137267 and
    50°20'37.3"N 93°08'14.2"W

My Striker 4 gives me this default format for a “Waypoint Position”.

N 43.54557°
    W089.47799°

I assume I just need to edit these numbers to set the position I want but how do make the conversion from the Google Maps formats?

2. Member
    Just do a Google search on converting lattitude and longitude. There are all kinds of formats and free utilities that will convert from one to the other.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by port1042 View Post
    I’m lost trying to enter waypoints as coordinates in my Striker 4 Plus. I want to use Google Maps to set some basic waypoints for a Canadian lake I fish a couple of times each year. My problem is with the format of the coordinates. Google Maps give me two different formats for a location I would like to mark:

50.343700, -93.137267 and
    50°20'37.3"N 93°08'14.2"W

My Striker 4 gives me this default format for a “Waypoint Position”.

N 43.54557°
    W089.47799°

I assume I just need to edit these numbers to set the position I want but how do make the conversion from the Google Maps formats?

These are the same format DD.DDDDD=degrees, decimal degrees

This is another format DD MM SS.S= degrees, minutes, seconds.tenths

If you are going to use both formats from Google, enter the numbers you have in RED directly (default) and then change your Striker GPS format to the BLUE one and enter those numbers.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL