2006 Optimax questions

I have just purchased a 07 Champ 183CX (picking up next week). It has a 06 150 Optimax. The previous owner has always used ethanol gas and never used any fuel additives. He also uses Quicksilver Premium Plus Synthetic blend. My questions are;
    Should I continue using ethanol fuel or should I change to non ethanol. (can only get non ethanol in premium here)
    Should I start using the Quickleen and Quickcare mixture? Stabile?
    Is the Quicksilver Premium Plus Synthetic blend what I should be using?
    Will I see more top end speed and better performance buy using non ethanol fuel and the Quickleen and Quickcare mixture? (1 oz of each to every 5 gallons of fuel) Will it hurt the motor to change now? (motor has 400 hours)
    What should my WOT be, (5600 rpm?.)
    Also what lower unit gear lube do I need?

Thanks for any replies and any other info would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by arxpress; 04-15-2018 at 09:10 AM.

2. Member
    switch to DFI oil, run DONS cocktail in fuel ,87 no leads fine , no increase in power ,hi perf gear lube all id use, may need drop a pitch in prop for hot weather loaded
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

You will not see a gain between E10 and pure gas. The motor will not know the difference. Just get 87 octane from a good gas station. Use Don’s special recipe and DFI oil. Go run it and enjoy.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................