Thread: T-stats

T-stats

Was thinking on changing my t-stats on my 2000/225 ficht. Not sure of the location or how many I have . Also is the some exhaust sensor I should clean too?thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you replace the Tstats with the Etech Tstats (5005440) you can run the upgraded Iridium plugs. There are two of them and are located on top of the cylinder heads. You will need to remove the caps to access them. The pressure sensor is located on the right side of the adapter plate near the lower engine cover stand off. Can be easily accessed by removing the starboard side belly pan.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    If you replace the Tstats with the Etech Tstats (5005440) you can run the upgraded Iridium plugs. There are two of them and are located on top of the cylinder heads. You will need to remove the caps to access them. The pressure sensor is located on the right side of the adapter plate near the lower engine cover stand off. Can be easily accessed by removing the starboard side belly pan.
    Thanks brother. Well I just put those new plugs I got from you in so maybe I should wait till the next set. Also have a full gallon of the xd-50 oil I’d like to use up then when I make the switch to the eye plugs I’ll switch to the full synthetic oil as well. What ya think?

You have 2 they are at the top of each head, use the E-Tec T-stats part #5005440 then use the optional plugs QC10WEP. Yes you need to clean the exhaust pressure sensor, looking at the EMM between the two electrical connectors you will find a hose that runs down through a diaphragm then to the exhaust adapter. You will have to remove the belly pan on the starboard side to get to it.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    You have 2 they are at the top of each head, use the E-Tec T-stats part #5005440 then use the optional plugs QC10WEP. Yes you need to clean the exhaust pressure sensor, looking at the EMM between the two electrical connectors you will find a hose that runs down through a diaphragm then to the exhaust adapter. You will have to remove the belly pan on the starboard side to get to it.
    What do you suggest I clean the sensor with? Thanks

Sea Foam straight or their Deep Creep spray version or any good carbon cleaner.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    Sea Foam straight or their Deep Creep spray version or any good carbon cleaner.
    👍

If your 18 year old motor has not had the exhaust sensor tube serviced every 100 hours, chances are it is completely plugged solid or completely burned away. Either situation calls for a new tube. Use a temp gun to check cylinderhead temps at idle after the new t'stats are put in. If not near 145°F, the pressure relief valve may need servicing.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    If your 18 year old motor has not had the exhaust sensor tube serviced every 100 hours, chances are it is completely plugged solid or completely burned away. Either situation calls for a new tube. Use a temp gun to check cylinderhead temps at idle after the new t'stats are put in. If not near 145°F, the pressure relief valve may need servicing.
    roger that seahorse. I can tell you after I fired her up with the new water pump and plugs s . And she was running on the ears for At least 15 mns the heads were cool to the touch . I’m pretty sure the tsats were opening from the change inthe pisser stream coming out . Do I have to run in full out on the lake or the ears are good enough. Also what’s involved in changing the tubes? Thanks

Only test cooling systems on the boat in the water, no flushers or tanks
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

11. Member
    Only test cooling systems on the boat in the water, no flushers or tanks
    Roger that ! Thanks

12. Member
    This pressure relief valve , is it also know as a blow off valve ? And to service is there a rebuild kit I can get it it’s something a tech has to do ?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    This pressure relief valve , is it also know as a blow off valve ? And to service is there a rebuild kit I can get it it’s something a tech has to do ?
    Seahorse, would you know the part # for the exhaust sensor tube model # e225fplssc ser # g04770059. Manfact. 09/1999 thanks

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    PN 5001298

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    PN 5001298
    Thanks brother!