Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Never had a problem with Interstate batteries either.

2. Member
    A bad battery can happen even from DECCA. First thing to do if you are not conversant with using a DVOM is to put the battery switch to the jump position and see if the problem persists. I would also cycle the breaker a couple of times that provides power to the boat accessories because that is common to the circuits having problems.

That said I am providing Cabelas AGM'S for my Z521L that goes into production in late May. The Interstates from Ranger area overpriced IMHO.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    I've never had issues with my interstates either, and i can assure you the issue you're having is not a bad battery...

My 2015 Z521C came with Interstate AGM 31-M, I have a Verado which requires AGM. The boat was received in AUG 2014 but its a 15 year, I just had a few weeks ago that I had to use the JUMP feature on boat. ALL DAY pumps on 2 x 12 HDS and power poles numerous times bed fishing. I had this happen before and the battery charges up to full but the reserve has fallen off (Battery is just wearing out as they do) It is a good battery and as I said they do lose life after so long. I usually get 4 years out of AGM's 31 group. The interstate is a good battery. I did get a help on ODESSY AGM's so went with it. I'd not have a problem running a Interstate again. Just the ODESSY has 25 more amps reserve. and cost was same a a new 31-m AGM Interstate.

trolling AGM's same 31-m Interstate will last about 4 years but trick is to run completely low at least 4 times when new. this helps control battery getting a memory. Been running them since 2000

on this ICON deal its a ground fault issue. sounds like a panel short.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

5. Member
    I had a problem after I upgraded to 3 HDS 12, Gen 3 graphs (had 3 HDS 10’s before). Toward the end of the day my graphs would go dark. I would have to reboot to get them back. I now put both console units on standby when I stop to fish.....no issues since.

6. Member
    So, the short of the story is this, my dealer looked promptly into issues and it was a bad ground that was causing most of the issues, no big deal. The main problem is the lowrance electronics, my dealer and lowrance tried all day to get things working correctly and just couldn't get things right, the 16" was very slow. At the end Lowrance overnighted a new 16. The boat will get lake tested this week, hopefully all goes well. I think these sonar companies are just getting too advanced for what is really capable of these units. I'm hearing of set up issues with all the major players, a lot of interference and so on. I can't thank my dealer enough for taking quick action and my best interest with this whole thing. Oh, I will upgrade to those north star batteries! Thanks for your help guys and best of luck with your boats and this upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by Della123 View Post
    So, the short of the story is this, my dealer looked promptly into issues and it was a bad ground that was causing most of the issues, no big deal. The main problem is the lowrance electronics, my dealer and lowrance tried all day to get things working correctly and just couldn't get things right, the 16" was very slow. At the end Lowrance overnighted a new 16. The boat will get lake tested this week, hopefully all goes well. I think these sonar companies are just getting too advanced for what is really capable of these units. I'm hearing of set up issues with all the major players, a lot of interference and so on. I can't thank my dealer enough for taking quick action and my best interest with this whole thing. Oh, I will upgrade to those north star batteries! Thanks for your help guys and best of luck with your boats and this upcoming season
    Glad you got it worked out...do me a favor..Next time you are on the lake at daylight...put your livewells on timer first thing as if you boated an early fish..fish your day normally as you would. Let us know how the Interstate AGM performs for you. Thanks.

8. Member
    As usual either the dealer or Ranger rigged the electronics through a panel somewhere. Your electeonucs(depth finders) should be rigger directly to the battery with an in-line 3 amp fuse. Every installation manual from Lowrance and Humminbird says this.
    when they are wired through a panel or fuse block any surges plus or minus can and will mess with your electronics. They are designed to shut off when any surge occurs. I have had to require every depth finder I ever had installed by a dealer or factory.

9. Member
    Kinda of an off topic question about the new Rangers, but do they have a place for net storage? Kind of a neat little feature on some of the other manufacturers.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrose View Post
    Kinda of an off topic question about the new Rangers, but do they have a place for net storage? Kind of a neat little feature on some of the other manufacturers.
    PM sent.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

11. Member
    In regards to your water temp being off by 10 degrees you'll have to go in to your settings there's 2 options and I believe it's the one that says "this unit" mine was doing the samething I'm no electronic guru by any means but that'll fix that......

4 Interstate 31 AMGs in my Z21 Intracoastal since July 2014. FYI you'll see more post about issues when the majority of batteries out there are Interstate. Just law of averages. The Ficht motor by OMC had everyone saying they'd never buy an Evinrude again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123