Mudhole backorders?

A friend is going to build me a couple of rods with MHX high modulus blanks, fuji guides, with carbon fiber grips. He placed a $1300 order, that also included a few complete kits with the same blanks as well. The only items he received was my 2 blanks and one guide set. One of my guide sets, and both carbon fiber grips were back ordered to the end of May. All the kits were back ordered til the end of June, because they didn't have the blanks for them. The same blanks they shipped for my rods. He said it wasn't until 8 days after he placed his order, that he found out anything was back ordered. He was planning already having the rods built by now before spring sprung. He wasn't too happy. Oh well.

2. Banned
    Yeah Mudhole is bad about back orders. Just about any order I make with them you can bet something will be on back order. Titanium guides are always back ordered, carbon fiber anything is back ordered. I had an entire order held up for over a month just because a hook keeper was on back order, didn't know this until I called them and asked when the hell my order would be filled. They need to list items as back order before you put them in your cart but they will never do this .... they want you to pay for the order before they tell you it will be a month to get it. People ask me "how quick could you build a rod for me?" and I tell them quicker than I can get the parts.

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Yeah Mudhole is bad about back orders. Just about any order I make with them you can bet something will be on back order. Titanium guides are always back ordered, carbon fiber anything is back ordered. I had an entire order held up for over a month just because a hook keeper was on back order, didn't know this until I called them and asked when the hell my order would be filled. They need to list items as back order before you put them in your cart but they will never do this .... they want you to pay for the order before they tell you it will be a month to get it. People ask me "how quick could you build a rod for me?" and I tell them quicker than I can get the parts.
    There are other suppliers out there you know

4. Member
    I've had items back ordered from Mud Hole, but I have never had an order held up because of it. Perhaps you told them not to ship the order unless complete? I know some suppliers have that option, I'm not sure if Mud Hole does or not. I also have never waited 8 days to find out if something was back ordered. The longest I think was 2 days. And that is when they were shipping my order.

We as builders have to understand that now is the busy time for rod building. Things are going to be out of stock. Vendors are at the mercy of their suppliers, just as a rod builder is.

All of the other places have back orders as well. In my experience, Mud Hole is one of the best at keeping their customers informed.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    A friend is going to build me a couple of rods with MHX high modulus blanks, fuji guides, with carbon fiber grips. He placed a $1300 order, that also included a few complete kits with the same blanks as well. The only items he received was my 2 blanks and one guide set. One of my guide sets, and both carbon fiber grips were back ordered to the end of May. All the kits were back ordered til the end of June, because they didn't have the blanks for them. The same blanks they shipped for my rods. He said it wasn't until 8 days after he placed his order, that he found out anything was back ordered. He was planning already having the rods built by now before spring sprung. He wasn't too happy. Oh well.
    Finally, my order is supposed to ship this week, about 15 weeks to get it assuming it ships. I never knew Fuji Alconite guides were is such demand.

Its all Fuji. I've been working on a set of Fuji's since april.

7. Goby King
    My T2 Fujis were backordered from another vendor since March. They arrived last week, dropshipped directly from Anglers Resource. Just placed an order for 38 sets of grey Fazlites for an upcoming rodbuilding class. Hopefully they'll be in country by the time St. Croix gets my blanks done.

Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    My T2 Fujis were backordered from another vendor since March. They arrived last week, dropshipped directly from Anglers Resource. Just placed an order for 38 sets of grey Fazlites for an upcoming rodbuilding class. Hopefully they'll be in country by the time St. Croix gets my blanks done.
    Yes been dang near impossible to get sciii quickly. Been pushing Rainshadow for folks who don’t wanna wait.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    You instructing rodbuilding classes now?

Allen

10. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    You instructing rodbuilding classes now?
    This is a first. I was asked by a local business if I'd teach one for their employees. The interest was so great, it turned into two.