Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question for Tracker pt 190 with 115 owners!

Question! What holes are you all using for your motor height? I have a 2018 pt 190 tx with a 115 pro xs. And is your cavitation plate flush with the bottom of the boat or with the bottom of the stepped part of the hull? My motor is currently in the top hole ( lowest setting) and my cavitation plate is already a good bit above the bottom of the hull. Reason for asking is when i come out of the hole and get on plane i can only barely touch the trim not even enough to read on the guage before the nose comes up like it supposed to and at a steady low speed starts porpoising til i trim back down. Im just at 4 hrs on the motor and havnt really had any good water yet to really get on it and is just something i have noticed. Suggestions?
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    115 MERCURY PRO XS 4 STROKE
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Vessel View mobile Installed
    2= Garmin ecomap 93sv plus
    Ram swing arm mount (console)
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force
    Supreme Ultimate Bunkboards
    3 Leaf 3000# leaf spring upgrade

2. Member
    My boat is set us exactly like yours and experience is identical to yours. My motor is flat on the transom and the cavitation plate is level with the bottom of the transom but above the stepped portion of the hull. The boat does not need to have much trim applied to be fully trimmed out, far less than my last boat. 2 or 3 bumps on the trim switch does the trick. I have about 8 hours running time with mine so far and I feel that I'm still learning it. I hit 48 MPH (GPS) at 5500 RPM and the boat started getting lose on me. I have read that optimum performance can be obtained by raising the motor to the 2nd or 3rd hole and changing to a mercury X7 19 pitch prop. Right now I don't intend to make any changes until my skill level increases and I learn the boat better. With all that said I happy as can be with the PT 190 and look forward to many years with it.

Hopefully Basstrackeroptimax or Gatorglenn will be along to comment. They have far more knowledge than I do.

Boat test magazine commented in their 2014 test that the PT 190 needed little trim. Granted the motor tested was the 90 but I think it's still relevant. Comments on the trim are at the 4:00 minute mark:

http://www.boattest.com/review/track...ro-team-190-tx
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    My 2017 PT190 with 115Pro xs was initially in the 2nd hole. The most I could get out of my boat was 5500RPM with the stock aluminum prop. I changed prop to the stainless X7 19" and raised the engine to the 3rd hole. What an amazing difference. It now pegs right at 6300rpm with a top end at 50-51mph depending on load and water conditions. Zero porpoising and all round great boat control.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

4. Member
    All my other boats have been heavy glass boats and took alot of trim, maybe thats just the nature of the lighter aluminum boats. Like you i love the boat and going to get a lil more seat time before i go messing with it and i too have been reading about the X7 four blade prop. Havnt had a really good weather day so far to go for a wide open run but set up the way it is i dont think ill be getting the best out of it. Gets on plane super quick though!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post
    My 2017 PT190 with 115Pro xs was initially in the 2nd hole. The most I could get out of my boat was 5500RPM with the stock aluminum prop. I changed prop to the stainless X7 19" and raised the engine to the 3rd hole. What an amazing difference. It now pegs right at 6300rpm with a top end at 50-51mph depending on load and water conditions. Zero porpoising and all round great boat control.

THANK YOU! Thats exactly where i want to be!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

6. Member
    Forgot to mention my current prop is a stock 12.75x 21P aluminum.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

7. Banned
    Why are they factory rigged with motor on 1st hole, when I'm SURE they are aware of this???

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Why are they factory rigged with motor on 1st hole, when I'm SURE they are aware of this???
    Thats what bugs me! Maybe it wouldnt do good with the factory prop at that height. Plus on my motor the bottom mounting holes are not slotted there just drilled in a line like the top and with that gonna be a pain in the a$$ to move. I have moved engines on my boats in the past top bolts out,loosen the bottom and with a 4x4 and a floor jack good to go.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishtracks View Post
    Plus on my motor the bottom mounting holes are not slotted there just drilled in a line like the top and with that gonna be a pain in the a$$ to move. I have moved engines on my boats in the past top bolts out,loosen the bottom and with a 4x4 and a floor jack good to go.
    My 2017 Suzuki 140 four stroke's holes are same way, they have "holes" for top holes, and "slots" for bottom holes.

10. Member
    I just raised my motor yesterday to the 3rd hole, with the help of 2 of my buddies. I have the X7 19 pitch prop and hoping to get additional rpm's with the higher hole setting. Was getting 5900 tops, hoping to get closer to 6300 and better handling as boat would try and get a bit touchy and higher speed

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    I just raised my motor yesterday to the 3rd hole, with the help of 2 of my buddies. I have the X7 19 pitch prop and hoping to get additional rpm's with the higher hole setting. Was getting 5900 tops, hoping to get closer to 6300 and better handling as boat would try and get a bit touchy and higher speed
    Please let me know how it goes!!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

12. Member
    Fishtracks, went out on lake for 3 straight days of playing with boat, graphs and did do some fishing. I was truly impressed how much different this boat handled. Lost very little on hole shot, still up on plane very quickly. Progressed thru throttle to WOT and boat did not porpoise once, never got squirrelly one bit. Was able to trim motor more than before. RPM's went to 6200 which is what I was hoping. Speed was 48mph-49 mph according to GPS. I had 1/2 tank of gas,myself and a generous amount of fishing gear. I can't thank the people on this board enough for all of the help and recommendations I was given on setting up this boat. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

13. Member
    Thanks!! Just what i was hoping since i ordered my spitfire x7 yesterday. I did talk to my dealer before ordering though and he said raising the motor wouldn’t be necessary?? Guess we will see,with the engine sittin as low as it goes my cavitation plate is 1” or a little more above the pad already. And i can easily make my stock prop blow out by trimming to much. He said i just needed better hookup we will see!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

14. Member
    ba3darcher glad to hear your boat set up is working. Fishtracks I'll be interested in your results.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

15. Member
    Ill post results here when i can, they stll havn’t shipped my prop yet.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

16. Member
    Thanks!! Just what i was hoping since i ordered my spitfire x7 yesterday. I did talk to my dealer before ordering though and he said raising the motor wouldn’t be necessary?? Guess we will see,with the engine sittin as low as it goes my cavitation plate is 1” or a little more above the pad already. And i can easily make my stock prop blow out by trimming to much. He said i just needed better hookup we will see!
    When I ordered my boat I requested the dealer raise the motor to the 3rd hole so it would be done when I picked it up. Received call it was in and went over everything with him, the motor was on 2nd hole, asked why he didn't put on 3rd as requested his response "wont need it". He was wrong. I do not think he ever road in a boat with motor raised for peak performance on this tracker. Again big shout out to Gator Glenn for all his help

17. Member
    I agree, my prop will be here tomorrow and hope to try it out saturday. But im fully expecting to have to raise the motor from everyones experiences.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

If a X7 is put on, with the motor mounted in the top hole. You are in for a ride. It will be squirrley. You will feel the boat is on top of the the water with nothing in the water but the motor foot. Won’t be fun.

This combo is best third hole down. But it will cut a second off holeshot.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    If a X7 is put on, with the motor mounted in the top hole. You are in for a ride. It will be squirrley. You will feel the boat is on top of the the water with nothing in the water but the motor foot. Won’t be fun.

This combo is best third hole down. But it will cut a second off holeshot.
    Man if my bottom holes were only slotted i would raise it now. Gonna be a pain in the a$$ lol got my prop on! Looks faster just sitting there.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force

Man if my bottom holes were only slotted i would raise it now. Gonna be a pain in the a$$ lol got my prop on! Looks faster just sitting there.
    Go to Harbor freight and rent a hoist. And it’s not that bad of a job to do. It is like night and day from where your motor is mounted now. To that third hole. If you do choose to do it yourself. Pm me and I be happy to help you through it.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast