Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Livewell led lighting.

Has anyone installed LED's in the livewells above the waterline? What were your results? I know I should install them under the waterline but Im having a tough time drilling a hole in the livewell, hate to do it. Any LED brands or specific models that seem to work better (look better) than others? Im trying to get the smallest holes possible. Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    We have the quad beams which are designed to be livewell lights and mount below the water line. However, some folks use our 10 or 12 inch strips and mount them vertically on the back wall of the live well, this works great as well and your 1/8" hole for the wire will be towards the top.
    BLUE WATER LED, LLC
    1-800-221-BLUE (2583)

http://www.bluewaterled.com

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Water LED View Post
    We have the quad beams which are designed to be livewell lights and mount below the water line.

4. Member
    Could you show me which lights options your referring to? I am looking to buy ASAP. Thanks

5. Member
    The wire size is tiny so drilling below the water line is no big deal. The quad beams work awesome

6. Member
    Ok, I will get a set of quad beams. Now I need to figure out what strips will work best in the rod lockers. Any recommendations there?

7. Member
    Mine came from Bluewater as well. I believe they are 18” but might be 24. I cleaned with denatured alcohol and stuck them on and that was years ago lol. They still work great and are plenty bright for finding gear. They draw so few amps that a longer piece or maybe two, depending on your lockers, would be even brighter

8. Member
    I used the total boat set. Rod lockers are 20 inch strips, I put the lights up in the crevice that is around the edge of the lockers.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post9251232. a small vid on this post has the rod locker lights

9. BBC SPONSOR
    BLUE WATER LED, LLC
    1-800-221-BLUE (2583)

10. BBC SPONSOR
    http://bluewaterled.com/boating-led-...lti-color.html

Standard boat kit - Rod lockers, small compartments, livewell, and cooler lights. All for under $100.
    BLUE WATER LED, LLC
    1-800-221-BLUE (2583)

11. BBC SPONSOR
    BLUE WATER LED, LLC
    1-800-221-BLUE (2583)

12. Member
    Ammdrew, where in MN. are you? Shoot me a PM if you get a chance, I would like to check out your lights. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
    Has anyone installed LED's in the livewells above the waterline? What were your results? I know I should install them under the waterline but Im having a tough time drilling a hole in the livewell, hate to do it. Any LED brands or specific models that seem to work better (look better) than others? Im trying to get the smallest holes possible. Thanks
    I installed Oznium bolts in my livewells above the water line. I used the 3 watt no lens and have had NO issues with mine at all.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

14. Member
    Crankb8, are the livewell full of water?

Crankb8, are the livewell full of water?
    Not in this picture. I took this shortly after install sitting in my driveway. I have 2 seasons with the lights and still NO issues. No trouble seing anything inside the livewell, with or without water. I fish a Tuesday night fun tourney all summer and we fish till dark. Have no trouble finding my fish in the livewell, and make a lot of guys jealous come weigh in.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

I installed the Blue Water livewell lights about 4 years ago. They work great and have had zero issues with them. Makes things very easy in the mornings during livewell checks before sunrise. During night tournaments, they have made culling so much easier when finding and grabbing the fish.

17. Member
    Mike those are some serious livewells. My fish are jealous.

18. Member
    I use the Blue Water quad beams, if you mount the LEDs above the water you will have a reflection that defeats the purpose. I drilled a small hole at the top of the livewell for the wire then ran it down to the LED lights.

You can buy the chrome looking tape that is used to seal around Central Air duct work. It's super strong and you can run a strip down to the lights under water if you don't want to drill a hole. Just an option
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

I've had the Bluewater quad beams in mine for a few years and so far they have been great. I also wired one into my cooler so it lights it up.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast