Echomap chirp transducer connecting

Switching from Lowrance and I have a glassed in transducer w/ 7 pin connector.
    Could I use this transducer w/ the new Garmin unit?
    Does someone make a 7 male to 8 plug? If so then I think I could use Garmin PART NUMBER: 010-12445-33
    to use both transducers.

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Brian

Garmin sonar products are compatible with "standard" Lowrance 83/200 kHz transducers when using this adapter (select MotorGuide as the transducer type in the Sonar menu):

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/151732

With this said, as I always suggest, to get the best performance out of your Garmin units, you need to run Garmin transducers.

However, the y-cable you reference to run two transducers with this echoMAP is not compatible with these Lowrance 83/200 kHz transducers. Also note that with this y-cable, the GT30 is the only Side/ClearVu transducer compatible with it. When using the y-cable with echoMAPs, you need the GT30, then either the inhull GT8 or GT15.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd.

Is there a Y cable(PART NUMBER: 010-12225-00) that works with CV52 and GT8? Guessing GT to GT only. How would you connect the new UHD device to GT8?

Quote Originally Posted by BGP View Post
    Thanks Todd.

Is there a Y cable(PART NUMBER: 010-12225-00) that works with CV52 and GT8? Guessing GT to GT only. How would you connect the new UHD device to GT8?
    The y-cable only functions with the GT30. The GT52, GT50, CV52, GT34UHD, etc. do not work with the y-cable/2D inhull combo.

If you want UHD, with echoMAPs, only the 7/9x Plus units are compatible. With this setup, you can also run a GT8 inhull with the 8-pin 12-pin adapter (link below), since the GT34UHD xducer plugs into the UHD box, not the echoMAP unit:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/511579#devices
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Great. Know what to upgrade to later. Going with Panoptix now.
    Seems odd to me that the black box is needed for UHD, wonder if that is a patent workaround.