Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    You need a "torque adapter", not a "crows foot".

2. Member
    Thank you Savage I will come up with one. I assume since the original gasket was dry cleanup won’t be too terrible? Maybe I could get by with just a plastic scraper and no polishing or solvents? Thanks again for all your help I have done head gaskets before on older less expensive motors but never a powerhead gasket.

3. Member
    If it is the original gasket on there now removal will be very difficult......they always are.

4. Member
    To my knowledge it is the original gasket. Do you have any removal and cleanup tips? I was told plastic scraper, then MEK solvent, then more plastic scraper, then MEK and very fine Scotch Brite pad. I don’t know enough to know if that is good advice or not...

5. Member
    Use no power tools.
    Don't damage the surfaces.
    Don't be in a hurry.

6. Member
    I won’t have access to a cherry picker until Sunday but I went ahead and broke the powerhead bolts loose tonight. Two things were concerning, I went in reverse torque sequence and 9 and 10 under cylinder 6 were some of the tighter ones whereas some of the others were surprisingly loose, and when I got to #1 water poured out. Should I be concerned about the water or would the powerhead gasket be the fix for that and I’m replacing it anyway?

7. Member
    I am in desperate need of advice on how to get the old end cap if anyone has any helpful suggestions

8. Member
    I was able to get it off but the seal lips look great. Is there anything else that needs to be checked? Does the oring below the crank have any significance?

9. Member
    Is there a need to retorque powerhead bolts after a few hours of run time?

10. Member
    You can.. I would.

11. Member
    Thanks again Savage and Joe for all the assistance and thanks to Rhonda and Don to getting the correct parts to me before the weekend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12