Thread: 75 Opti issues

75 Opti issues

2008 Optimax Serial # 1B556495. Hey guys needing a starting point on what to look for. Today the motor was running great for most the day, we stopped to fish and then fired up to move again. The motor would idle just fine but when i put it in gear it had no go, at full throttle it was just lugging real bad and couldnt go over 5 mph. And sometimes when i put it in gear it would just die. Never had any alarms go off or anything, just running great one minute and then falls on its face the next. Could it be in guardian mode? If i take it to a Merc dealer can their computer diagnose this? Any help is appreciated
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

2. Member
    they should be able to depends on whos looking, check spark on all 3 also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I have good spark. What would the symptoms be if the diaphragm in the air regulator is bad? Mine isnt ripped but looks pretty bad around the edge
    Andy

4. Member
    very low or no air psi , likely wouldn't even start and then die, air escaping through cover hole
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member

here is a pic of it. Looks like these arent easy to come by either.

THis is all i can find https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Mercury...RYSWSH&vxp=mtr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy

6. Member
    yea that don't look good,hope you got spec tool to reassemble ?????

7. Member
    yep, i got one, impossible without. IT will be a week before i get a chance to put it all back together. Ill post back with what happens
    Andy

8. Member

9. Member
    Got everything back together and the middle cylinder still was dead. When i tested for spark i puled the plug out and grounded it on the block and i saw spark so i figured all was good. Well i ended up hooking and inline test light up and it barely put out a faint light, the other lit up very bright. IT ended up being a bad coil all along. Im sure the diaphragm was going to cause me issues soon, so im glad i replaced it.
    Andy

10. Member