Thread: 250 Guages?

250 Guages?

So I hired a marina to rig my new boat with a Honda 250.

They tell me that the boats O.E.M. gauges will not read the Honda trim, however if they replace the boats O.E.M. gauges with the Honda gauges I will no longer have a Fuel gauge.

These are my questions If I hook only the Honda outboard NMEA 2000k data to my Humminbird Network will that show me fuel consumption data and engine data, but not fuel level data?

My other question is if I convert to the Honda gauges and want fuel level do you need to wire in both a NMEA 2000K engine sensor and a NMEA 2000K fuel level sensor, if so do you need to wire the fuel sensor to the sending unit at the gas tank or can you tap in to the sending unit wires in the dash?

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The Honda gauge only shows fuel flow and fuel used. It does this without any extra sensors. It will also send this to your graphs.
    So first question is Yes.
    Second is the gauge doesn’t show fuel level.

Not sure why it’s not reading the trim, what about adding a little trim gauge that will work, or do you really need it?

They don’t make a level sensor anymore that I know of, but if you can find one you can show fuel level on you graph!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    The Honda gauge only shows fuel flow and fuel used. It does this without any extra sensors. It will also send this to your graphs.
    So first question is Yes.
    Second is the gauge doesn’t show fuel level.

Not sure why it’s not reading the trim, what about adding a little trim gauge that will work, or do you really need it?

They don’t make a level sensor anymore that I know of, but if you can find one you can show fuel level on you graph!

Thank you for the information.

If I want tank level do I have to tie in at the sending unit on the tank or can I tie in at the dash?

What gauges do you use, the ones from the boat company or the ones from Honda?

What do you do for fuel level?

My Honda gauge manual says it can display fuel level with proper sensor on the gauge??

Most important if I hook the NMEA to my graphs will it show me if I'm in lean mode like the Honda gauges will???
    Last edited by GEEBASS2000; 04-15-2018 at 07:18 PM.