Hydraulic jackplate for 2011 zx 200 recomendations and questions

Thinking about putting one on my boat.

What would the cost be for the jackplate and installation?

I have a pair of talons on the back and how will be affected.

My boat use to turn 5800 rpms with a 25T1 and speeds of 65-67 now I am 62-64 at 5100 rpms. Dealer is suggesting a prop change because we have adjusted he motor height and that is the best I can currently get.

Thank you
    J.T.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR 21
    2021 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Probably around $1500-2000 to get a Hydro jack plate bought and installed. RPMS are way off of where you used to be. I dont think the Talons could of effected it that much or your engine height is way off. Definitely will need to drop a pitch or send out what you have to get reworked

3. Member
    2 questions. No...3.

1) how much more tackle is in the boat now compared to what you used to run?

2) is the prop dinged or damaged?

3) what is the difference in air temperature between now and your best run comparison?

any of these factors could cost you 2-3 mph. A combination of 2 or more could easily rob you of 5 mph. I always want to start with the lowest cost change before I start buying stuff just for speed. If you want a hydraulic plate that’s fine, but I wouldn’t spend close to 2k chasing 2-3 mph without eliminating these variables first.

4. Member
    Sounds like the dealer went the wrong direction with the height change on your current jack plate.. You should be able to see "wear" marks from where it used to be. loosen bolts and return it to the previous position and re-run the boat, see if you got your speed and rpm back. Cheapest solution. Unless they adjusted the engine mounting holes and not the jack plate.. You'll want to be as close to the rev limiter (around 6100 - 6200) (limiter should be 6250) when running how you fish for maximum speed with current setup.. No reason you shouldn't be consistently 68-69 or possibly better with your combo..

5. Member
    I haven't added anymore tackle and I have 2 props and performance is the same on either prop. I understand the air temp and the difference that makes on the speed what is killing me is the rpms.

My Skeeter dealer here in central Ohio is out of business and I have been using a small local marina until I find another Skeeter dealership. To be honest I am not mechanical and don't have the time. I would rather pay someone qualified so when time is available I can fish . :)

The closest Skeeter dealership that I am aware of that seems to have their act together is Wiedas marine and they are 4.5 hours away one way.
    J.T.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR 21
    2021 Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I was looking at my jack plate and I am showing 8 dots. How does that sound?
    J.T.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR 21
    2021 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    post a picture from the side

8. Member
    Ran into similar issue.
    First you have to compare speeds then and now at the same time of the year to elimate a weather difference. That alone can change rpms a couple hundred.
    Second adding weight with talons / power poles will effect rpms also. I lost about 300 rpms with the addition of dual
    power poles.
    So if all things are equal and the only additional weight added are the talons then I would say you should still be hitting 5500-5600rpms.

I would recommend putting your jackplate in its original position and get some cup added on your current prop. You can chase it but you will not get all the speed and rpms back unless you dump weight somewhere else or add more HP

9. tool bag
    James, I work for a dealer in MI part time and have been running hydro jack plates for 15 years+. No matter the cost, you should have one on your boat. with install you will be around 2000 bucks. figure 1800 for the plate and gauge and 2-300 for istall. I won't order a boat for myslef without one.. I don't even use a gauge.. I use my ear and my gps speed to get the most out of my runs.. It changes depending on load... load being if I have a fat ass co or a normal sized co.. me being a fat ass, with two, can really change the handling of the rig.. The plate will give you the opportunity to get back into places you cant now as well as making adjustments for load.. Hell I have no idea why boats come without them.. Good luck and if you want a deal on a plate and install message me..
    Live life, its the only one you get!
    You don't scare me.