Rabger Trail Trailer replace oil bath hub

Called Ranger & got the vortex hub replacement for the oil bath turbo lube original hub. Its a whole assembly integral hub/rotor on the spindle. Got everything off with the exception of the old assembly which is tighter than a Nun’s chastity belt. Even tried hammering on the castle nut with 3lb maul. It didnt even budge. Has anybody replaced their’s before & if so how’d ya get the old assembly out?
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Heat.

Gotcha Rocket Man. Thanks Ill give it a try again once the weather cooperates.
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

4. Member
    I haven't changed mine yet. Rebuilding the cool hubs. When I do change mine I plan in getting a steel tube cut to length and putting it over the spindle and have a big flat washer and using the hub nut to tighten it down. Once I have pressure I will heat where it goes thru the pivot arm. I will tap the side of the pivot arm and the spindle shaft should pop free. It is tapered just like a ball joint only bigger. Works every time on a tie rod end.

5. mikesxpress
    Ranger did not put any anti-seize on the taper for the spindles. PIA to remove but they will come out. Best done with the boat off the trailer. Some MAP gas intense heat on the collar and serious whacking on the spindle with the nut screwed on. A couple whacks side to side on the spindle bearing areas helped me.

Light sanding of the taper and light coat of anti-seize on the taper for install. I cold galvanized the threads/nut/cotter pin after install to prevent rust and allow me to do a roadside swap of the entire spindle/hub assy.