Smallmouth Junkie!

Question Question for BCB

BCB,

Is there any plans to redesign the dashboard and gauges on your boats to better accommodate the largest electronics as well as side by side electronics? I have noticed the gauges are covered up in the photos I see of boats with these set ups.

Thanks for your response in advance!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Unless you

A -drop the gauges low where they are hard to read

OR

B - raise the dash units up in the vision path too high

there are extremely limited ways to build a dash that accommodates the large units and keep them out of the way.

The first dual unit application on tour was Mike Iaconelli’s back in the E50 days. He ran them strictly for backup on one set. Thus we have worked with this for over a decade.

Eventually a new concept or design will will come out, though graph companies continually are moving the size required and everyone forgets we started flush mounted large graphs in 2003 model year. This whole method is very fresh and new as are Power Poles. Eventually when graph sizes and requirement settle down we will get the opportunity to address a non moving target of dual units.

With Vessel View Link (Mercury / Lowrance) I've been able to add almost everything so that it's on the Lowrance, added to the data overlay. I think the long term is to delete the gauges. I add everything to the Chart page, so it's right in front of me when I'm running. RPMS, speed, fuel, engine temp. Vessel View Mobile is more common, but runs on your phone and has to reconnect every time you start the engine.

Vessel View Mobile will Bluetooth to the Dash units. Also your tablets and smartphones.

Are the restart issues a real thing? I wonder if that only does it if you run it on a phone.

We haven’t experienced a major challenge and the fault codes are pretty cool, to be able to view every issue.

7. Member
    I have all my gauges on the Lowrance even with an older EFI engine. I display on my chart pages, fuel remaining, WP, speed, depth and voltage.

I really like when they re did the p2 dash, the gauges are on the side and the flush mount looks like it could hold about anything except some of the new solex's
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"