Big girls were chewing on Norman yesterday

I just wish my fat butt good have got them in the boat. I bet I dumped 25lbs of fish off yesterday. Hooked them got them up coming to the boat at the top of the water and they came off. Saw everyone of them. Changer hook, line still lost them. Lost them on Zcraw, beaver, craw tube. Lost a true monster spot. Don't know if they were on the beds or what. Never have problems losing fish on the big stick. Got thinking about last night. Fish were chocking a weightless Senko but it was smaller fish, the big ones wanted the flip baits. I was using a 3/8oz weight due to the wind, I normally use a 1/4. They may have not been getting the bait good due to it falling too fast. Any how get out there and flip the stuff in 3-5 feet of water. Fun stuff
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Banned
    Was you letting the fish turn before you set the hook? A lot of time while looking at them if set the hook with the fish angled toward you it will just skin hook them and they will pull off when they break the surface.

or they were on the bed and not eating, just moving your bait.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Wasn't looking at them. Just pitched in and the line started easing off.
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Banned
    Its crazy but somedays that happens. I wish I knew the fix but sometimes they will come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Its crazy but somedays that happens. I wish I knew the fix but sometimes they will come off.
    Ticked me a little but I was glad to be jerking. Fish are as thick and heavy as I've seen them in a while. Good to see some BIG gizzard shad too

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Wasn't looking at them. Just pitched in and the line started easing off.
    You don't have to be site fishing to be catching/hooking spawning fish. What you described is common, they pick it up to move it but really never get it in the mouth real good. You set the hook and have them a couple seconds and they come off. It's happened to me plenty and even with the same fish.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    Was at Norman from Friday to Monday. Caught 20-30 fish each day most in the 2-2.5lb range. Couldn’t find the big ones biting. Lost one pushing 4lbs right next to the boat on Saturday afternoon. Them spotted bass sure are fun to catch. Saw a lot of beds with males on them but females weren’t around.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.