Im not in the North but the weather up until fairly recently here in Alabama hasnt been the warmest. But it getting better. Went on a vacation last week to a lake a couple hours away called Wedowee. Didnt make it an hour or so on our trip and had a blow out on the right front of the trailer. Looks like the cap split and came completely off and even left what was left of the tire ok and still have air! These tires were roughly 4-5 years old and except for at the boat launch the boat or trailer had never been left outside to dryrot or anything. Tore my inner fender out but wedged it under the boat so I was able to get it back and have a pattern for a new one now.
Anyways I bought another tire (china pop) and put it on because my spare was an old Marathon and I was scared it would come apart.
Throughout the week I kept looking at my trailer and how bad the bunks looked with the carpet falling off and the boards droopin worse than Grandma. I decided to show a little love for the trailer when we got back. I ordered 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires and put them on today. Ordered the Gatorbak bunk covers which got installed today along with new wood and no lag bolts. Took the extra time to drill and countersink stainless bolts so no loosening up. Just an fyi if you choose to go with the gatorbaks your gonna want an extra set of hands to help pull the bunk covers tight while you screw them all down.
The trailer now has new tires and new bunks and covers. Pulled great on the way home and seemed to behave alot better if I hit some bumps in the road.
Tomarrow now I am takin the tires back off and going to redo the wheel bearings. Already got the seals and a couple extra bearings just in case one is bad. Ill repack the bearings and get good grease back in there. After that with some help from the wife Im gonna bleed the brakes and make sure they have new fluid in them and working right.

So. Spring times here and you know your wanting to take off and hit the water as soon as you can but check over your trailer! And tires and brakes! Mine still had great tread left but finally decided to let go I guess due to age. Check all your lights on the trailer, wheel bearings and your bunks. Ive still got to replace the inner fenders on mine once I find some black carpet. The trailer is the only thing keeping your baby G from making a mess on the pavement. Take a day and just go over it.