Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    I think the barrel swivel is overkill and likely the problem with retrieve. Try removing it and tie directly to the split ring the hook is attached to. And using split rings instead of snaps is the original means of making them up. I just us snaps to speed up makeups and changes on the go. If using snaps they have to be short round loop snaps.
    I was doing only double split rings at the pond, and thats when I saw the bait coming in sideways. I just made the rigs up yesterday, and decided to add the barrel swivel to hope it eliminates the bait getting sideways the way I was seeing with the 2 split rings. If this doesnt work...or if the eagle claw swivels suck, ill just order some snaps next TW order and go with the snaps too. Fishing on Thursday....so ill keep you all posted....hopefully I catch a biggen! Thanks again for the tips!

2. Banned
    I think the barrel swivel is overkill and likely the problem with retrieve. Try removing it and tie directly to the split ring the hook is attached to. And using split rings instead of snaps is the original means of making them up. I just us snaps to speed up makeups and changes on the go. If using snaps they have to be short round loop snaps.
    You think these guys saw our thread? lol similar concept....but looks like a glorified bubba shot to me with lighter weight. what do you think about it?

https://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fish...o-Rig-8469148/

I just really don't see any advantage to all that.

I just really don't see any advantage to all that.

Ummmm….I don't really see any advantage to the Jika rig! But if it works for you, you should use it. The "Tokyo Rig" probably works fine, but how is it better than a DS rig you can make up yourself, at home? I'd rather keep the amount of "hardware" to a minimum. I'm not a fan of the DS hooks with swivels either...I just don't see that they solve any problem I have. Yes, I have some problems, mostly money related.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    You think these guys saw our thread? lol similar concept....but looks like a glorified bubba shot to me with lighter weight. what do you think about it?

https://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fish...o-Rig-8469148/
    That would get your bait off the bottom whatever the leader to weight length is, walleye fisherman been trolling like that forever, nothing new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123