Loose and rattling Minn Kota

Last Fall someone (Bill Reynolds?) made a thread about fixing a loose and rattling MK trolling motor buy gluing a piece of rubber at the end of the mount so the trolling motor rests on it when deployed. My Maxxum was loose and would move side to side in the mount. It would move and rattle when I first applied power and again when I would let off the power. The rattle was annoying and might have even been spooking fish. Well, last fall I took the advice on that thread and used some hot glue to install a square piece of rubber that I cut out of an old inner tube. I glued it right near the end of the mount. Today I had the boat out for the first time since doing that it that fix took care of the problem. The trolling motor no longer moves side to side and rattles when I get on or off the power. Thanks to whoever came up with this fix!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I had that problem last year and yes it was very annoying!! My problem was caused by worn out rubber mounting nuts.
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

You can get all the parts from minn Kota for about $15.00 to fix that. New rubber mounts and all you need takes about 20 minuets to replace. Pull the pins take out old rubber mounts replace with new and your good to go.

This link will take you to my shared cloud folder where you can view, print or download a 5 page PDF document that provides information to install lift assist on the Maxxum mount but There are also several tips to quieten worn mounts.
    https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...YAt5c9rlVLAZsF

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    This link will take you to my shared cloud folder where you can view, print or download a 5 page PDF document that provides information to install lift assist on the Maxxum mount but There are also several tips to quieten worn mounts.
    https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...YAt5c9rlVLAZsF
    Great mod! Will this work on an 80lb fortrex as well?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog View Post
    Great mod! Will this work on an 80lb fortrex as well?
    yes it works with the 80 lb MAXXUM. The Maxxum Pro already has a lift assist cylinder but they quit making the Pro mount when the Fortrex came out.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

great tip