New Ultrex Problems

Took the new Ultrex for a spin today. Literally got some spinning. Rather than keeping the boat in place on spot lock, the boat basically rotated around. Maybe the bow stayed in place at some points, but the stern definitely rotated around like the whole boat was the hand of a clock.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

2. Banned
    Spotlock takes a few minutes to right itself in current and wind. The way to avoid this is to point the bow into the wind or current before hitting the spotlock button.

3. Member
    Slonezp is right. The trolling motor will stay within three feet of where it's at when you hit spot lock. Wind and current will cause the stern to rotate. It will usually rotate until the bow is facing in to the wind/current and then stabilize. If there's not any wind/current the boat tends to rotate around more because there's nothing (current) to hold the stern in place. Hope that makes sense.

4. Member
    I found that if I hit the lock while the boat is still moving, it will "circle back" to get on the "spot". One thing I just thought of is the "break in". Did you run the boat in a circle to acclimate the GPS as the manual suggested?
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver