Tell me about fishing a tube

I want to use tubes more this year. I’m also heading to Michigan this Spring and will
    definitely need to have a tube rigged up. I’ve got some coffee tubes and have some poor boys tubes ordered. What type of jig heads would you guys recommend for these tubes? I was considering the Strike King tour grade heads. I’m also wondering what weight heads you’d suggest. Lastly what rod do you fish them on? I use Loomis rods and Shimano reels so I have a 4000 Stradic, 2500 Stradic, and a 2500 Symetre. I currently have a GlX BSR 803 and a IMX SJR 782. Would one of these be good for fishing tubes with a jig head inside or do I need a something like a 7’ medium rod? Thanks guys!

I like the big goby style heads. Such as a 2k jigs Fatboy or a bite me big dude tube head. Weight depends on depth. For dragging I always like a longer rod.

90% of the time when fishing tubes I use a 1/4 ounce jighead with a 90 degree hook. My tubes are either watermelon or green pumpkin. I use a 6'6" medium action rod, Shimano Sahara, with 8 pound test Izorline Platinum in green. Don't over-complicate tube fishing. It ain't rocket science!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I fish them “stupid tube” style. 1/4 oz. I fish it in deep offshore structure or up shallow and catch them everyway in between. Green pumpkin is all I need!

5. Member
    I like Snack Daddy Elite tubes and Poor Boys tubes. For exposed hook heads, I use mostly Poor Boys fat head, but have all the other kinds. I have used football head jigs as well.
    I will also use Trokar tube flippin hooks and a bullet weight when fishing weeds.
    Most of mu tube fishing is done on M to MH baitcaster with braid or a braid and 12# floro leader.
    Dave

6. Member
    Easy like Jeff said. Medium spinning rod with 1/8 - 1/4 round jighead.

7. Member
    rigged right a tube should fall in a slow fall circle

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clearlake outdoors View Post
    rigged right a tube should fall in a slow fall circle
    Yup! A light tube jig head. Round one goes straight down