Power Pole deployed while on the road!

My remote was programed for both to deploy together, so I didn't hit the button by mistake...but when I got to the ramp this AM the port pole was deployed and burned by the friction with the highway. Was dark so didn't see anything till I got to the ramp. Wonder what the folks behind me were thinking?
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    This is why all poles should be wired to a battery disconnect switch. Travel covers will also prevent this from happening, if no battery disconnect is present. Power Pole will have a new spike to you no questions asked.

3. Member
    Can’t believe no one pulled up beside you and told you. Or maybe very little traffic? I once pulled up along side of someone with a small tin boat in tow and they did not close the coupler latch. Should have seen his face when he realized what I was saying. He quickly pulled over lol.

4. Member
    Was this done to increase your braking? lol...jk. That would definitely freak me out! I'm with cweb, I can't believe someone didn't flag you down and let you know.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Shutting the batteries off helps, but if one loses hydraulic fluid ot pressure, it will still drop down on the road. Best solution are PP covers. They'll keep the poles up if something happens on the road.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brolland View Post
    Shutting the batteries off helps, but if one loses hydraulic fluid ot pressure, it will still drop down on the road. Best solution are PP covers. They'll keep the poles up if something happens on the road.
    see second post