Gamakatsu Aaron Martens Treble Info

I'm going to take advantage of Tackle Warehouse's tax time sale to grab some of these to try out to see if I notice a difference worth the substantial additional cost over the Mustad KVD Triple Grips I've been using as replacement trebles.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "Nano" and "MH" besides the extra dollar the MH costs? That's probably not the best way to ask the question, as I've gathered that the MH has a heavier wire than the Nano. I guess a better way to go about it is to say that I'm worried about bending hooks with the Nano, particularly since they felt the need to come out with a heavier wire version.

Specifically I'm going to grab some size 1 or 1/0 to use for replacements on 6XDs, DT16s, and DT20s and am wondering whether bending the Nano should be a concern in this application. On that note, if I go with the MH am I going to be sacrificing stickiness for heavier wire?

Now that I'm typing it out, I even worry a little about sticking size 5 or 6 Nanos on a jerkbait as fishing a jerkbait around here means catching lure-mangling pike as well. I think (hope?) the shitty thin wire VMCs Rapala sticks on their jerkbaits have me being too leery, but would definitely appreciate some first-hand confirmation of that.

I'd even like to hear folks' experiences with these hooks in general, if for no other reason that $1.50+ per hook is steep. How do they compare to say, an Owner Stinger treble like the ST35 or ST36? Those are the stickiest trebles I've personally handled to date, yet I've found myself unwilling to pay for them. I wouldn't be too upset if someone told me the Gamys weren't worth it and let me save a Jackson or two.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I'm going to take advantage of Tackle Warehouse's tax time sale to grab some of these to try out to see if I notice a difference worth the substantial additional cost over the Mustad KVD Triple Grips I've been using as replacement trebles.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "Nano" and "MH" besides the extra dollar the MH costs? That's probably not the best way to ask the question, as I've gathered that the MH has a heavier wire than the Nano. I guess a better way to go about it is to say that I'm worried about bending hooks with the Nano, particularly since they felt the need to come out with a heavier wire version.

Specifically I'm going to grab some size 1 or 1/0 to use for replacements on 6XDs, DT16s, and DT20s and am wondering whether bending the Nano should be a concern in this application. On that note, if I go with the MH am I going to be sacrificing stickiness for heavier wire?

Now that I'm typing it out, I even worry a little about sticking size 5 or 6 Nanos on a jerkbait as fishing a jerkbait around here means catching lure-mangling pike as well. I think (hope?) the shitty thin wire VMCs Rapala sticks on their jerkbaits have me being too leery, but would definitely appreciate some first-hand confirmation of that.

I'd even like to hear folks' experiences with these hooks in general, if for no other reason that $1.50+ per hook is steep. How do they compare to say, an Owner Stinger treble like the ST35 or ST36? Those are the stickiest trebles I've personally handled to date, yet I've found myself unwilling to pay for them. I wouldn't be too upset if someone told me the Gamys weren't worth it and let me save a Jackson or two.
    Cant beat Owners! The regular Aaron Martens are smaller than normal and lighter

I believe the difference is in the eye of the hook. One has a flat side to make it easier to get onto the split ring if I am reading this right. Also the Nanos run smaller than advertised .
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

4. Member
    They are without question stickier than a ST36. Love the nano's on small crank baits, jerk baits, and traps. For the bigger plugs, I would definitely go with MH wire nano's.

Good info. If they're more sticky than an ST36 that's really, really impressive. I'll grab some to try out.

Fair to say a size 5 is equivalent to a 6 in other brands for the nanos? I've got Shadow Raps, Rip Stops, and 110 jerkbaits in mind.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Good info. If they're more sticky than an ST36 that's really, really impressive. I'll grab some to try out.

Fair to say a size 5 is equivalent to a 6 in other brands for the nanos? I've got Shadow Raps, Rip Stops, and 110 jerkbaits in mind.
    Yes, I would feel comfortable saying that.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidTNFisherman View Post
    They are without question stickier than a ST36. Love the nano's on small crank baits, jerk baits, and traps. For the bigger plugs, I would definitely go with MH wire nano's.
    ^^^This! Watch your fingertips...slice you up quickly!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

8. Member
    the MH are like a 2X whereas the regular nanos are a 1X.