Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got new trailer tires g/y endurance

Anyone else using them? So far (50 miles) seem very well built, made in USA, load range D, can run 65psi max( I will run 45), they seem pretty beefy. Time will tell.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

No Point in having load range D tires with less than max pressure. In fact load range C tires require 50 pounds. Not sure what you're trying to do running less. Nothing gained for sure.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I have a14" Maxxis tire I need to sell, bought it new never used it

With lower air pressure it changes the load range. Running max with lite load can cause stress cracks to welds and possibly the boat by bouncing around. The load range d is overkill for our application but tire manufacturers don’t know what we’re doing with them all the endurance trailer tires in 205-75-15 are load range d. The gain is less stress better ride. My truck says it will go 140 but.......

5. Banned
    They will blow up in the heat if you don’t follow the mftr...ie the people who designed them recommendations...unless you have more experience than a boatload of Goodyear engineers and the ton of R&D they likely did....

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I've been running the Goodyear Endurance for over a year now. Great USA made tire.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    They will blow up in the heat if you don’t follow the mftr...ie the people who designed them recommendations...unless you have more experience than a boatload of Goodyear engineers and the ton of R&D they likely did....
    . Where does it say I wasn’t fallowing the the manufacturer recommended psi? U seem like a person that stayed at a holiday inn once.

Heat is the #1 killer of trailer tires... Lower pressure make the side wall flex too much and cause the unwanted heat. The benefit of load range D is the 65lbs of air to keep the tire side walls tight and cool..

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I agree heat is a big factor with tire failure but there is others as well. The sidewall of these new tires are crazy stiff I can sit on it with no wheel and won’t flex. Like I said the load range d isn’t necessary. I like to have a cushion for heat expansion. I also say that a lot of problems are caused by people driving to fast and again that causes heat (friction) and that pothole you hit last year when running max psi caused a belt separation because they have 75psi because u maxed it out. Fast forward this year your tires are filled max pressure you have a belt slip your running late for a tournament running 80mph and all the sudden the tire blows. It’s got to be the tires fault right? My whole family had been doing this and we have never had a blow out EVER (knocking on wood). At my dads shop he and I have seen all brands of tires with trailer tire failure this is my list of failures over pressure, under pressure(leak),belt separation, brakes/bearing, high speed, wrong specs. My very close friend works for Goodyear testing center so yea I got some experience. When people in my club get new tires we take them over and test them till we get a failure. In all honesty the test he did to the Goodyear China bombs on my trailer lasted longer than another club members who ran max psi high speed he tested mine and his mine lasted 700 miles longer on under pressure test. Over pressure test mine was 1200 longer. Not sure why we got off of my question “anyone else using them?” Who cares what I run my tires at. it doesn’t effect you until you want to pay for them then I will run what ever I want in them. This is what works for me not you.

10. Member
    I’m not using them but I am interested to hear how they hold up as I will probably need a new set in a year or so. I would not run them at maximum pressure either, I always ran 55 psi in all 10 ply tires and they always call for 80. I only filled me up when pulling or hauling heavy loads, if not under heavy load they ride like a log wagon and make they truck sway all over the road. I would not consider a bass boat a heavy load.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

11. Banned
    I have better tires than the g/y endurance and I’m not telling you what they are. I run mine at a secret tire pressure that was tested by NASA .... my best bud works there.

12. Banned
    I know on my equipment trailers if you have a tire that looks low, it will probably blow out if you go any distance. I'm hauling over 10k so it's not apples to apples, but I have had 2 instances when I had a tire that looked low and had no way of pumping them up for miles and both times they blew out. It's a pain in the butt to unchain and unload a machine, change out the spare and reload and chain down again. That's what I do now and make sure my E's are at 80 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I have better tires than the g/y endurance and I’m not telling you what they are. I run mine at a secret tire pressure that was tested by NASA .... my best bud works there.
    . Ok why even say anything

2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

15. Member
    Same tire...50 psi. Just ran them 1700 miles round trip on my boat mate trailer. No issues. Did have one wheel well bunk bust around a screw...

16. Member
    Trailer tires have load charts just like car and truck tires. In fact, in the same tire size, a load range C, D, and E all follow the same table just that the D and E go higher up the scale. You can absolutely inflate a trailer tire less than MAX pressure and be safe if you follow the load chart. On my boat, I replaced load range D Marathons with same size Load range E Endurances. I run them at the 50psi that the Marathons were set at by the trailer manufacturer because the Load E Endurances cary exactly the same load at 50 as the Marathons did according to the charts.

Trailers ride rough enough, even torsion axles ones. There is no need to subject your boat to a rougher ride than needed.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by Joeandthetomcats View Post
    Same tire...50 psi. Just ran them 1700 miles round trip on my boat mate trailer. No issues. Did have one wheel well bunk bust around a screw...
    Nice. I can’t wait I am heading to watts this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Trailer tires have load charts just like car and truck tires. In fact, in the same tire size, a load range C, D, and E all follow the same table just that the D and E go higher up the scale. You can absolutely inflate a trailer tire less than MAX pressure and be safe if you follow the load chart. On my boat, I replaced load range D Marathons with same size Load range E Endurances. I run them at the 50psi that the Marathons were set at by the trailer manufacturer because the Load E Endurances cary exactly the same load at 50 as the Marathons did according to the charts.

Trailers ride rough enough, even torsion axles ones. There is no need to subject your boat to a rougher ride than needed.
    Some people don’t get it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    Some people don’t get it.
    I know. The Tire Manufacturers Association published Load Charts for every tire size and application imaginable. They even give the formulas on how to calculate the new pressure if you change tire size. It's very easy to figure out exactly what to inflate your tires to. And still, people just guess and wonder why their tires wear weird or their bunk brackets are cracking welds.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

20. Member
    Who would of thought tire pressure was such a heated debate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast