Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I agree I think you will love it!
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post
    If I do a Suzuki, it'll have to be their I-4 200hp, since my boat is rated 200hp max I've learned. Thought it was good for a 250. Oh well. So, still in the hunt, just not a V6 unfortunately. Really was liking that motor.
    What is the serial number of your motor? Yamaha was replacing long blocks free of charge for a number of older SHO models. Yours might, repeat might, qualify.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    What is the serial number of your motor? Yamaha was replacing long blocks free of charge for a number of older SHO models. Yours might, repeat might, qualify.
    My SN is outside of the ranges with issues. Yamaha even had an engineer over from Japan looking at my issue. I've moved on from the old unit and found an identical SHO200 brand new and got a good deal on it. In the end it was easiest to just replace the old SHO200 with the same thing to keep running gear in place. The Suzuki would have been nice I'm sure. And the Honda V6 200 was tempting too. I even looked into the new 3.4L Mercury 4-strokes. In the end I'm sticking with Yamaha for this go-round. Thanks for all the input and help on this.

Insurance concluded it was a freeze issue that caused the crack in the cylinder head, and I have freeze coverage. I kept the outboard trimmed all the way down, not truly vertical like suggested by a dealer to aid with cooling water draining. And it sits in a lift, so we didn't even trim it up like one would when pulling it out on a trailer. That possibly allowed water to stay where it shouldn't. So now, we'll tilt the motor up and down a few times after lifting the boat out of the water.

4. Member
    Good deal. Glad you git it fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12