Mounting talons ?

I am fixing to mount 2 talons on my boat. I have a 10” Bob’s hydraulic plate. It does not have the pre drilled holes on the side for mounting any type of shallow water anchor. Are there any issues with drilling these holes or anything I should be aware of before marking and drilling, Thanks.
    2007 RANGER Z20 / 225 ProXS

2. Member
    That is what I have as well. I drilled the holes in the jackplate so far no problems at all. You will probably have to either buy or make some type of spacer to fit in the recess of the jackplate where the holes will be. Is made mine using a piece of aluminum cut to size. Again no problems at all.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

3. Member
    There are very specific locations that you drill the holes for the bob's jackplate. If you get a hold of Bob's, they can send you a template that will tell you where the holes go.

4. Member
    I purchased a Bob's 10" hydraulic action jack plate last year and it was pre-drilled for shallow water anchors. Are you sure yours isn't? The holes in my plate were covered by tape, but they are there.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jg522 View Post
    I am fixing to mount 2 talons on my boat. I have a 10” Bob’s hydraulic plate. It does not have the pre drilled holes on the side for mounting any type of shallow water anchor. Are there any issues with drilling these holes or anything I should be aware of before marking and drilling, Thanks.

Drill and mount closer to the transom.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    I purchased a Bob's 10" hydraulic action jack plate last year and it was pre-drilled for shallow water anchors. Are you sure yours isn't? The holes in my plate were covered by tape, but they are there.
    Mine definitely does not have the holes. I think I’ll take Rich’s advise and mount the bracket closer to the boat out of the groove in the center of the plate. Thanks everyone for the replies.
    2007 RANGER Z20 / 225 ProXS