Thread: 1992 175XRI

1992 175XRI

S/N OD165915..1992 175XRI...850 hours on the engine, compression on all 6 cylinders is within a pound or 2 of 115 psig. I am the original owner have kept up with all routine maintenance only minor issues during ownership such as replacing a switch box, voltage regulator, never any major problems. I am thinking about replacing this motor before it may start to have any issues. Just wondering if I should replace the motor now or run to failure and how much longer can this engine can go before it dies, I don’t run the engine hard. I really would like to get a 175 Pro XS before they go away. Looking for opinions....Thanks

2. Member
    think you would love the pxs, know you would the economy
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I am running the same motor recently had to replace ECU but no other issues. No clue as to how long it last. Doing well today.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryxri View Post
    S/N OD165915..1992 175XRI...850 hours on the engine, compression on all 6 cylinders is within a pound or 2 of 115 psig. I am the original owner have kept up with all routine maintenance only minor issues during ownership such as replacing a switch box, voltage regulator, never any major problems. I am thinking about replacing this motor before it may start to have any issues. Just wondering if I should replace the motor now or run to failure and how much longer can this engine can go before it dies, I don’t run the engine hard. I really would like to get a 175 Pro XS before they go away. Looking for opinions....Thanks
    I've got the same motor with about 100 hours less . I was talking to a Merc mechanic about longevity of my motor and he said if properly maintained 2000 hours is possible in theory but usually something fails .