Thread: 73SV ?

73SV ?

For some reason unknown to me, many of my settings were lost. It was bright sunlight and I couldn't get a display that I could see at all. Not even sure it was coming on. Anyway darkness set in and I was able see well enough to get everything reset. My question is this, I have way points saved on the unit, had I went through he process and restored defaults would it have also deleted the way points? Thanks
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

2. Member
    UPDATE I went out and hooked it up this morning and all my settings were gone again. It seems to be saving them only when auto on is selected. Does this seem right? Still testing.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

How are you powering down the 73? If you power it down via the PWR button on the 73 itself, all settings should be saved. Settings won't be saved if you are powering down the unit via an external switch.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    My unit7sv is flush mounted wires won’t stay plugged in in rough water. As a Garmin Pro do you have any suggestions to solve this problem.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71oldbassbassman View Post
    My unit7sv is flush mounted wires won’t stay plugged in in rough water. As a Garmin Pro do you have any suggestions to solve this problem.
    One thing I found out is that if you have a loop of cable hanging it will pull them loose. Zip tie your cables above the plugs so there is no pressure on them.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

6. Member
    I usually PWR down with PWR button but might have made a mistake and unplugged it with it on which would explain how everything got lost to start with! I know I have been doing it correctly since I lost the settings to start with but it doesn't save them unless the auto on is enabled. Seems like everything is working OK except it only saves settings with auto on enabled. Thanks.